|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 07:07 AM EST||
Earlier this year Oriental Trading Company introduced its revolutionary iPad app offering a dynamic, unique shopping experience to assist consumers with their Halloween party planning. Today, Oriental Trading announces a new, enhanced version of the free app, available on iTunes, for the upcoming Christmas season. Once again, shoppers everywhere can conveniently use their iPad tablets to purchase Christmas party supplies, order gifts, stuff stockings, and have fun with over 40,000 products from the company’s vast assortment.
The streamlined usability and convenience of mobile shopping continues to resonate with consumers. Oriental Trading Company recognizes this revolutionary digital shift and is continually working to provide customers with innovative tools to make their shopping experience easy and fun. Since its initial launch in September, the Oriental Trading app has proven to be popular with consumers, consistently ranking among the most downloaded free catalog apps in the iTunes app store.
“Customer satisfaction remains our top priority,” said Sam Taylor, CEO of Oriental Trading Company. “We listen to our customers and respond with complete solutions that meet their needs and provide value to their daily lives. The iPad’s portability is a proven time-saver for our busy customers who are planning parties and events during the holiday season for their families, school classrooms, businesses, and churches.”
Interactive enhancements to this newest version of the Oriental Trading iPad app include a Trim the Tree feature, holiday costume runway, enhanced zoom capability, increased social networking functionality, favorites lists, fun activities for families, plus many others.
- Trim the Tree allows shoppers to select ornaments (to scale) with a swipe of the finger and position them on a beautiful Christmas tree in a home setting to create the perfect look. A clever in-app light switch can be flipped on to set the holiday mood once the tree is trimmed.
- The swipable, interactive runway of Christmas costumes for kids and adults provides quick viewing of hundreds of dress-up options.
- Enhanced zoom functionality breaks away from a visual bounding box, expanding the image across the entire iPad screen for greater viewing detail.
- Decorate Your Own functionality provides endless entertainment for kids as they dress penguins, design sugary sweet gingerbread houses, and create their own sticker scenes.
- Stop action video feature is reminiscent of traditional Christmas movies.
- Favorites and social networking features allow customers to create lists of favorites products, drag and drop their favorites into the shopping cart, and share their favorites with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and email.
The company’s www.orientaltrading.com website offers guaranteed lowest prices on over 40,000 products, half of which are exclusive and cannot be found in stores. To provide additional savings for mobile shoppers, Oriental Trading has included a free shipping offer within the app.
“We are driven by our mission to make it easy and affordable for everyone to celebrate, have fun, and express creativity throughout their lifetime,” Taylor stated. “Offering the new iPad app to our customers is one more way to help them save time and money this holiday season.”
Oriental Trading Company is ranked #7 among the Top 100 Online Retailers for Customer Satisfaction, is one of the Top 50 Catalog Companies, and by the end of the month will become a Berkshire Hathaway company.
About Oriental Trading Company
Oriental Trading Company is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of school supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Oriental Trading is recognized as one of the Top 50 Catalog Companies and one of the Top 10 Online Retailers for Customer Satisfaction. Oriental Trading Company employs approximately 2,000 employees and offers more than 40,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and not-for-profit organizations. From pink flamingos, party supplies and wedding favors to holiday decorations, beading supplies and crafts, Oriental Trading Company makes the world more fun. www.orientaltrading.com.