|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears SHOP YOUR WAY℠ Rewards Members and customers took advantage of more flexible shopping options to get doorbuster savings this Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday.
Black Friday kicked off five days early for Sears SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members who were able to purchase many Sears doorbusters in advance. More than half of Sears business comes from SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards – a free, members-only program and shopping community that offers rewards, personalized deals and services like e-coupons and e-receipts for faster returns and exchanges in five minutes or less, guaranteed.
Sears will continue to offer savings throughout the weekend on top brands and exclusive items that make great gifts. Highlights from today's Black Friday activity include:
Extended hours feedback
- Sears opened its doors at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving and is staying open 26 hours straight through Black Friday. The new Thanksgiving opening time received very positive feedback from customers across the country.
- Customers in many locations started lining up Thanksgiving morning, with some lined up as early as Monday to access the more than 1,000 doorbuster deals that were available until 1 p.m. (local time) on Friday, Nov. 23.
- Stores reported customers lined up by the hundreds in advance and some locations reported more than 1,000 customers in line. Overall, shoppers were in good spirits and happy to enjoy easy parking and an orderly system in place to handle the doorbusters.
- Traffic was additionally brisk on Black Friday morning when Sears' second wave of doorbusters launched at 4 a.m.
- A big trend this year has been customers buying doorbusters online and picking up in-store both on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. In fact, Sears recently reported that in Q3, approximately half of online sales came through multichannel transactions such as buy online, pick-up in store.
Hottest selling gifts
- Consumer electronics doorbusters were extremely popular, especially the advertised $97 32" HDTV, Samsung® 55" 3D slim LED Smart HDTV ($1,499) and Toshiba® 50" LED HDTV ($299.99).
- Tablets were a hit this year as well, with high demand for the advertised X-Treme Tab 7" tablet ($39.99) and Mach Speed Trio Stealth 7" multi-touch tablet ($69.99).
- The advertised 2 ct. total weight diamond jewelry ($99.99, regularly $599.99), Kenmore Elite washer/dryer pair ($649.99 each) and kids Performance Gear bubble jackets ($15.99) were among the hottest sale items of the day.
- Other hot gift items that flew off shelves included: the NordicTrack® fleece ($9.99), the Craftsman® 18-volt drill/driver (50 percent off at $29.99), DieHard workboots ($39.99), and small kitchen appliances, such as a Black & Decker 4-slice toaster oven for $17.99.
Spirit of the season
- A store in Chula Vista, Calif. had store associates leading cheers and group sing-alongs prior to the store opening.
- A heartwarming scene took place at a store in Denver, Colo. where one customer took advantage of a doorbuster price on Joe Boxer® micro fleece pants ($7.99, reg. $30.00) and Cannon® fleece throw ($3.49, reg. $9.99) to purchase 30 of each, which they planned to donate to a homeless shelter.
- A SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Member family arrived at the Sears in Alpharetta, Ga. dressed in matching print pajamas, ready for a family evening of shopping.
For additional media materials and information please visit, or contact the Sears holiday media hotline at (312) 527-2742 to arrange an interview or in-store filming.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of SHOP YOUR WAY, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn Points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through its Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Dec. 26, 2014 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,349
The Internet of Things promises to transform businesses (and lives), but navigating the business and technical path to success can be difficult to understand. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, demonstrated how to approach creating broadly successful connected customer solutions using real world business transformation studies including New England BioLabs and more.
Dec. 26, 2014 08:15 AM EST Reads: 2,017
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 26, 2014 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,766
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 26, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,795
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Dec. 26, 2014 07:30 AM EST Reads: 2,113
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 26, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,940
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Dec. 26, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 2,319
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will w...
Dec. 26, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,868
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
Dec. 26, 2014 05:00 AM EST Reads: 1,778
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to th...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:15 AM EST Reads: 2,673
SYS-CON Media announced that Centrify, a provider of unified identity management across cloud, mobile and data center environments that delivers single sign-on (SSO) for users and a simplified identity infrastructure for IT, has launched an ad campaign on Cloud Computing Journal. The ads focus on security: how an organization can successfully control privilege for all of the organization’s identities to mitigate identity-related risk without slowing down the business, and how Centrify provides ...
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,741
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Dec. 26, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,977
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 26, 2014 02:45 AM EST Reads: 2,123
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 26, 2014 01:45 AM EST Reads: 1,612
In her General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing, at Verizon Enterprise, focused on finding the right mix of renting vs. buying Oracle capacity to scale to meet business demands, and offer validated Oracle database TCO models for Oracle development and testing environments. Anne Plese is a marketing and technology enthusiast/realist with over 19+ years in high tech. At Verizon Enterprise, she focuses on driving growth for the Verizon Cloud platfo...
Dec. 26, 2014 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,446