|By PR Newswire||
|November 28, 2012 04:08 AM EST||
MAHWAH, N.J., Nov. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Special VIP preview at Paramount Pictures Studios Celebrates the U.S. Arrival of the Jaguar F-TYPE and the All-New Land Rover Range Rover
- Damian Lewis (Homeland), Diego Klattenhoff (Homeland), Michael Cudlitz (Southland), Martyn Bullard, Kathryn Ireland, Shannyn Sossamon among guests
Jaguar Land Rover celebrated the U.S. arrival of the Jaguar F-TYPE and the all-new Land Rover Range Rover tonight at a special VIP preview with a dynamic reveal of both models at Paramount Pictures Studios in Los Angeles. Guests, including Damian Lewis (Homeland), Diego Klattenhoff (Homeland), Michael Cudlitz (Southland), Martyn Bullard, Kathryn Ireland and Shannyn Sossamon, were among the first to view the newest additions to the luxurious lineups offered by both brands.
The new Jaguar F-TYPE represents a return to the company's heart: a two-seat, convertible sports car focused on delivering performance, agility and maximum driver engagement. The F-TYPE is a continuation of a sporting bloodline that stretches back more than 75 years and encompasses a heritage of beautiful, thrilling and desirable cars. The F-TYPE was revealed in Paris at the Musee Rodin in September 2012.
The all-new Land Rover Range Rover is the world's first SUV with a lightweight all-aluminum body. The new Range Rover takes the capabilities of the brand's flagship to a new level, with even greater luxury and refinement, enhanced performance and handling on all terrains, and significant advances in sustainability. Designed and engineered at Land Rover's development centers in the UK, the new Range Rover will be produced in a state-of-the-art new low-energy manufacturing facility at Solihull, UK. Over $592 million has been invested in the Solihull plant to create the world's largest aluminum body shop. The all-new Land Rover Range Rover was first revealed in September at the Royal Ballet School in London.
"Southern California is a leading market in the U.S. for both Jaguar and Land Rover, so Los Angeles is the ideal city to host the arrival of the Jaguar F-TYPE and the all-new Land Rover Range Rover, " said Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America. "Both of these vehicles encompass the luxury and sophistication that defines this trend-setting city."
Making its U.S. Auto Show Debut in Los Angeles is the all-new 2013 Land Rover Range Rover. The world's first SUV with a lightweight all-aluminum body, the new Range Rover takes the capabilities of the marque's flagship to a new level, with greater luxury and refinement. The U.S. specification vehicle with the naturally-aspirated 5-liter V8 will be approximately 700lbs lighter than the outgoing equivalent. This new aluminum platform delivers significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with an improvement in fuel economy and reduction in CO2 emissions. The new Range Rover goes on sale in December, 2012, starting at $83,5001.
Making its U.S. Auto Show Debut in Los Angeles is the 2014 Jaguar F-TYPE, displayed for the first time with the Black Pack (high gloss black body trim). An all-new two-seat soft-top convertible sports car built on a front-engine; lightweight aluminum architecture with rear-wheel drive, Jaguar has engineered the F-TYPE to be a true high-performance sports car. The Jaguar F-TYPE combines low vehicle weight (starting at 3,521 pounds), high power (340hp, 380hp and 495hp versions) and superb aerodynamics to achieve a pure sports car experience, yet with Jaguar elegance. F-TYPE goes on sale in early summer, 2013, starting at $69,0002.
The all-new Land Rover Range Rover and the Jaguar F-TYPE will be on display for consumers throughout the duration of the 2012 Los Angeles International Auto Show - Nov. 30 through Dec. 9.
Notes to editors:
- The Jaguar Land Rover Press Conference will take place at 11:30am PST on Wednesday, November 28 at the LA Auto Show
- The press conference will be live streamed and available to view on www.interactivelandrover.com and www.interactivejaguar.com
- All Land Rover images, B-roll and film assets will be available to download at us.medialandrover.com and www.interactivelandrover.com
- All Jaguar images, B-roll and film assets will be available to download at us.jaguar.com and www.interactivejaguar.com
1 Price shown is MSRP. Includes destination and delivery fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and other local fees. Actual price set by retailer. See your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for details.
2 Price shown is MSRP. Excludes destination/handling, tax, title, license, retailer fees and optional equipment. Actual price set by retailer. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com.
Information about Land Rover North America products is available to consumers at www.landroverusa.com.
SOURCE Jaguar Land Rover