|By PR Newswire||
|December 6, 2012 12:42 PM EST||
LONDON, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the best and brightest in European industry, Frost & Sullivan granted prestigious Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards at a glittering ceremony held in London last night.
The awards, based on Frost & Sullivan's unique TEAM Research™ methodology, highlight the achievements of companies, big or small, who innovate, differentiate and delight their customers, while delivering excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Speaking on the occasion, Gary Jeffery, Partner and UK Operations Director at Frost & Sullivan, noted, "The companies that received awards have shown innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in the current economic climate. The products and services that we recognise should be applauded as examples of how to effectively optimise strategies, performance and processes."
A total of 30 awards were presented across a variety of industries including healthcare, chemicals, materials and foods, information communication technologies, industrial automation and process control and measurement and instrumentation.
Awardees were lauded for exceptional growth and market strategies, product development abilities, competitive advancement skills, technology innovation and dedicated customer focus.
Additionally, at the Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards ceremony, Partner and Business Unit Leader of Visionary Innovation Research Group, Sarwant Singh, presented his book, "New Mega Trends." He walked the audience through key macro economic forces such as urbanization, new business models, connectivity and convergence with their implications on personal lives, business and markets in the future. He noted, "New Mega Trends, with its micro implications, will affect all players across the entire value chain. We have trends like urbanization, connectivity and convergence that will drive innovation and growth for all companies and define technology and product planning strategies in the future. Companies will need to do this Macro to Micro exercise to analyse the unmet needs of the future customer and capitalize on future white space opportunities."
The findings of the Visionary Innovation Research group have been published recently in "New Mega Trends," which was published by Palgrave Macmillian and can be purchased at this link http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?pid=577423
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
- InterSystems Corporation - 2012 European Integrated Connected Health Technologies Company of the Year Award
- Eppendorf - 2012 European PCR Instrumentation Green Excellence Award
- Acibadem Mobile Health Services (AMHS) - 2012 Pan European Mobile Healthcare Services Growth Leadership Award
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2012 Global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics Enabling Technology Award
- Attends Healthcare Group - 2012 European Incontinence Care Green Excellence Award
- Zealand Pharma - 2012 Global Therapeutic Peptides for Diabetes New Product Innovation Award
- GAT Food Essentials - 2012 European Food Encapsulation Technology Leadership Award
- CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG - 2012 European Fatty Acid Ester Derivatives Product Line Strategy Award
- Shell - 2012 European Automotive Lubricants Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Ashland Industries Europe - 2012 European Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Fleetlogic BV - 2012 European Light Commercial Vehicle Telematics Customer Service Leadership Award
- Alstom Grid - 2012 European VSC HVDC Transmission Technology Innovation Award
- Moventas Gears Oy - 2012 European Gearbox Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- WEG Electric Motors - 2012 European Electric Motors for Water & Waste Water Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Vacon Plc - 2012 European Low Voltage (LV) Alternating Current (AC) Electric Drives Product Line Strategy Award
- Wartsila Corporation - 2012 European Electric Drives for Marine Industry Customer Value Enhancement Award
- HYPE Innovation - 2012 European End to End Innovation Management Solution New Product Innovation Award
- Teleperformance - 2012 EMEA Contact Centre Outsourcing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Webtrekk GmbH - 2012 Global Real-time Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Polystar - 2012 Global Customer Value Enhancement Award in Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Trescal - 2012 European Calibration Services Market Penetration Leadership Award
- BitBang - 2012 Global Site+Social Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Aquaporin A/S - 2012 European Biomimetic Membranes for Water Filtration Technology Innovation Award
- REFUsol - 2012 European Solar Inverters Growth Leadership Award
- Baumer Group - 2012 European Light Barriers New Product Innovation Award
- Enecsys LLC - 2012 European Solar Inverters New Product Innovation Award
- PowerCell Sweden AB - 2012 European Technology Innovation Award in Fuel Cell for Auxiliary Power Unit
- Stulz GmbH - 2012 European Precision Air Conditioning Systems (PACS) Product Leadership Award
- BAE Systems Detica - 2012 Global Managed Security Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Atos - 2012 Global Innovating to Zero Visionary Innovation Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
P: +44 (0)20 7915 7869
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan
While there are hundreds of public and private cloud hosting providers to choose from, not all clouds are created equal. If you’re seeking to host enterprise-level mission-critical applications, where Cloud Security is a primary concern, WHOA.com is setting new standards for cloud hosting, and has established itself as a major contender in the marketplace. We are constantly seeking ways to innovate and leverage state-of-the-art technologies. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Mike Rivera, Seni...
May. 26, 2015 11:14 AM EDT Reads: 189
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will addresses this very serious issue o...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 345
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,542
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,849
SYS-CON Events announced today that EnterpriseDB (EDB), the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class Postgres products and database compatibility solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. EDB is the largest provider of Postgres software and services that provides enterprise-class performance and scalability and the open source freedom to divert budget from more costly traditiona...
May. 26, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,497
In their general session at 16th Cloud Expo, Michael Piccininni, Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation, and Mike Dietze, Regional Director at Windstream Hosted Solutions, will review next generation cloud services, including the Windstream-EMC Tier Storage solutions, and discuss how to increase efficiencies, improve service delivery and enhance corporate cloud solution development. Speaker Bios Michael Piccininni is Global Account Manager – Cloud SP at EMC Corporation. He has b...
May. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
EMC Corporation on Tuesday announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Virtustream. When the transaction closes, Virtustream will form EMC’s new managed cloud services business. The acquisition represents a transformational element of EMC’s strategy to help customers move all applications to cloud-based IT environments. With the addition of Virtustream, EMC completes the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud portfolio to support all applications, all workl...
May. 26, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 344
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 26, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,295
While great strides have been made relative to the video aspects of remote collaboration, audio technology has basically stagnated. Typically all audio is mixed to a single monaural stream and emanates from a single point, such as a speakerphone or a speaker associated with a video monitor. This leads to confusion and lack of understanding among participants especially regarding who is actually speaking. Spatial teleconferencing introduces the concept of acoustic spatial separation between confe...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,008
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud en...
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,748
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
May. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,016
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will address the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affec...
May. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,338
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 26, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,148
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 26, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,214