|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 12:14 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FoodMinds is capping off 2012 with a more diversified client portfolio. The growth has enabled FoodMinds to add to its employee roster, further expanding its mix of talented and seasoned communications, science, and public affairs experts.
FoodMinds Adds New Clients
In 2012, FoodMinds secured 13 new clients with leading food, beverage and nutrition companies and organizations, including: Almond Board of California, American Heart Association, Can Manufacturer's Institute, the Council for Responsible Nutrition, Institute of Food Technologists, Micropharma Limited and its Cardioviva™ product, Nestle, and Sabra Dipping Company.
"The demand for strategic counsel in food and nutrition affairs looks strong going into 2013 especially as more food and beverage companies address growing consumer expectations on the authenticity, sustainability and healthfulness of their food," said Bill Layden, FoodMinds partner. "We bring experts to the table for our clients that understand how to optimize the growing health and wellness marketing opportunities."
FoodMinds Deepens its Expert Bench™
The FoodMinds team is comprised of more than 60 employees and experts both domestically and internationally, including communications specialists, registered dietitians, and PhD-level nutrition scientists. FoodMinds recently added six employee experts, five of them registered dietitians:
- Meghan Flynn, MS, RD joined FoodMinds from Coyne PR as executive vice president and client relationship manager, and she brings more than 20 years of experience developing and directing both traditional public relations, as well as health and wellness influencer campaigns in the agency, corporate and retail environment. She oversees planning and implementation for client projects and programs, as well as new business development and works out of the New York City area;
- Bree Flammini joined FoodMinds from Edelman as a vice president. With more than 11 years of consumer communications and public affairs experience, her expertise lies in strategic program planning, health influencer education and outreach, nutrition media relations and issues management. Bree is one of the first graduates of Tufts University's graduate certificate program in Nutrition Science and Communication for Public Relations Professionals. She works in the Chicago office;
- Allison Parker, MS, RD is a senior account supervisor and nutrition specialist who brings a wide array of professional experience enabling her to translate complex nutrition science for consumers, media, and health professionals. She also brings RD retail experience. Allison joined FoodMinds from Fleishman-Hillard and works in the Chicago office;
- Howard Goldstein, MS, RD is a nutrition communications expert with an adept ability to translate and synthesize nutrition science and policy to build successful influencer communications programs. He previously worked as a consultant for FoodMinds and is now a senior account supervisor in San Francisco;
- Elana Natker, MS, RD was a consultant in the Washington, D.C. area before joining FoodMinds as a senior account supervisor. She has extensive experience in both nutrition thought leader engagement and consumer communications. She also works with clients on their social media strategies and was herself named a top nutrition blogger by Washingtonian.com; and
- Stephanie Saullo, MS, RD, LD is a senior account executive, and previously worked with N. Chapman Associates. Stephanie specializes in health communications and food policy in Washington, D.C.
"We are thrilled to be strengthening our Expert Bench at FoodMinds, with seasoned experts who understand the food business and how to harness the latest in nutrition science and food issues that enable our clients to tell a better story," said Laura Cubillos, RD, FoodMinds partner. "We're proud to say we have eight registered dietitians on staff, and many more in our expert network. The unique skill set our staff and consultants bring has enabled us to become the go-to agency for our clients on all things nutrition-related."
Founded in 2006, FoodMinds is a food and nutrition consulting company that harnesses science, public affairs and communications to help its clients tell a better story that makes a difference. The winner of the 2012 Gold Sabre award in the public affairs category, FoodMinds is also ranked the #5 independent food and beverage public relations firm in the U.S. by O'Dwyer's. In addition, FoodMinds is a certified women-owned business through National Women's Business Enterprise Certification by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council. FoodMinds works with more than 30 leading food, beverage and nutrition companies, commodities and associations in the U.S. and around the world, and is actively involved in the dialogue on major food and nutrition topics.