|By Marketwire .||
|December 11, 2012 04:30 PM EST||
ALLENTOWN, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/12 -- Ambassador Financial Group is pleased to announce it has acted as financial adviser to MVB Financial Corporation, which recently entered into a Membership Interest Purchase Agreement to acquire Potomac Mortgage Group, LLC. The merger is valued at approximately $19 million.
MVB is headquartered in Fairmont, West Virginia and had assets of $614 million as of September 30, 2012. Its primary subsidiary, MVB Bank, has seven banking locations in Marion, Monongalia and Harrison counties in North Central West Virginia, and Berkeley and Jefferson Counties in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. PMG is a mortgage lender based in Fairfax, Virginia, whose principal business consists of the origination and sale of residential mortgage and construction loans.
This is Ambassador Financial Group's seventh merger and acquisition transaction in the past 18 months; with a total announced deal value of $325 million. Recent successes include:
- MVB Financial Corporation (WV) $19 million acquisition of Potomac Mortgage Group, LLC (VA)
- NBT Bancorp (NY) $233 million acquisition of Alliance Financial (NY)
- Old Line Bancorp's (MD) $49 million acquisition of WSB Holdings (MD)
- ESSA Bancorp's (PA) $24 million acquisition of First Star Bancorp (PA)
- Capital Bank's (MD) branch sale to DNB Financial (PA)
- Canandaigua National Corporation's (NY) acquisition of OBS Holdings (NY)
- ESSA Bancorp's (PA) acquisition of the benefit consulting insurance business of William S. Harrison II (PA) and David P. Lilly (PA)
Ambassador's M&A expertise covers acquirers, banks interested in identifying an exit strategy and those looking for a strategic partner. For acquirers, the firm helps identify candidates, determine strategies, create pro-forma models, and workable transaction structures. For those considering an exit, the firm identifies potential interested buyers, determines the likely interest and potential value of each, prepares an information memorandum and contacts those determined to have the greatest potential, and negotiates on behalf of clients. For those looking for a strategic partner, in addition to financial modeling and analysis, Ambassador employs its experience to develop solutions to social, management and corporate culture issues to facilitate a mutually beneficial, value-enhancing combination.
Ambassador focuses on assisting clients to achieve their strategic goals. We do this by offering personalized service along with a comprehensive suite of capital market services that encompass balance sheet management, investment banking, and investor relations.