|By PR Newswire||
|December 18, 2012 06:37 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Dec. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Government investments in energy storage and related areas (such as smart grid) are clearly bearing fruit, particularly in the North American and Asian markets. As the global energy storage project pipeline has grown, the number of deployed projects has increased as well. Meanwhile, the R&D strategies of each region are becoming more apparent, as Asian economies are moving toward advanced battery technologies, with the intention of developing export industries, whereas the North American market is characterized by a policy of funding innovation and is, consequently, the most technologically diverse region in the industry.
In addition to government support, two factors account for the rise in deployments of energy storage projects: demand for energy storage has risen, as utilities have learned more about energy storage technologies and become less risk averse, and the brightening economic outlook has made companies become more willing to invest the capital required for energy storage. Announced projects rose in number from 83 in the second quarter of 2012 to 107 in the fourth quarter. The number of deployed projects (indicating that a project is operational) grew from 522 to 562 during the same period.
This Pike Research tracker report includes a database of 757 projects and tracks the country, region, market segment, status, technology vendor, applications, funding, investment, and key milestones for each project. In addition, the report includes analysis of the project pipeline for energy storage, an analysis of the technology bias within each major region for storage, key trends over the past 5 years, and the leading end-use market segments in the space.
Key Questions Addressed:
• How large is the energy storage pipeline and how has it changed in the past 6 months?
• Which regions are leading in terms of market share in the energy storage sector?
• What is the technology choice within each region? Which global regions are more innovative?
• How many new projects have come online in the last 6 months?
• How has the energy storage market changed in the past 5 years?
• What are the leading market segments for energy storage? Which technologies lead in each segment?
Who needs this report?
• Energy storage technology vendors
• Energy storage project developers and integrators
• Utilities and grid operators
• Battery vendors and component suppliers
• Renewable energy technology providers and project developers
• Government agencies
• Investor community
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.2 Regional Market Share
2. Project Pipeline
2.1 Projects by Status
2.2 Projects by Capacity
3. Regional Analysis
3.1 Regional Technology Bias
4. Technology Over Time
4.1 Technology Market Share Over Time
5. Market Segments
5.1 Leading Markets and Technologies
6. Acronym and Abbreviation List
7. Table of Contents
8. Table of Charts and Figures
9. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology, Notes
List of Charts and Figures
• Energy Storage Capacity by Project Status and Region, World Markets: 4Q 2012
• Energy Storage Installations by Project Status, World Markets: 4Q 2012
• Energy Storage Capacity by Project Status, World Markets: 4Q 2012
• Regional Installed Capacity by Technology, Excluding Traditional Pumped Storage, World Markets:
• Deployed Energy Storage Projects by Technology, World Markets: 2007-2012
• Deployed Energy Storage Capacity by Technology, Excluding Traditional Pumped Storage, World Markets: 2007-2012
• Deployed Installations by Market Segment and Technology, World Markets: 4Q 2012
List of Tables
• Energy Storage Projects, All Regions and All Segments
• Energy Storage Projects, North America
• Energy Storage Projects, Western Europe
• Energy Storage Projects, Eastern Europe
• Energy Storage Projects, Asia Pacific
• Energy Storage Projects, Latin America
• Energy Storage Projects, Middle East & Africa
• Energy Storage Projects, Bulk Storage Segment
• Energy Storage Projects, Ancillary Services Segment
• Energy Storage Projects, Community & Residential Segments
• Energy Storage Projects, Commercial Buildings (non-UPS) Segment
• Energy Storage Projects, Remote and Microgrid Segments
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626