|By Marketwired .||
|December 26, 2012 04:03 PM EST||
BANGKOK, THAILAND -- (Marketwire) -- 12/26/12 -- World Moto, Inc. (OTCBB: FARE) (OTCQB: FARE) (Berlin: WM7) (Berlin: A1J8SY) ("World Moto" or the "Company") is pleased to announce today it has introduced a comprehensive roadmap to advance and professionalize the global motorcycle taxi industry. Changing the way the world goes around, World Moto is a global authority on the $500 billion dollar a year motorcycle taxi industry and inventor of the Moto-Meter, the world's first motorcycle taxi meter.
The roadmap defines the path to bring the global motorcycle taxi fleet to a fully reliable, accessible and integrated component of a community's critical mobility and commercial infrastructure. Motorcycle taxis in most countries today operate across a wide range of cooperative systems from fully independent and ad-hoc to loosely organized depending on country and region. The roadmap lays out a series of technologies and capabilities that will be introduced over the coming years to reshape this organically grown system into a more efficient, manageable structure for governments, communities, drivers and the public.
"The potential that the current motorcycle taxi fleets represent is enormous, and the similarities of the industry to the early days of the internet cannot be ignored," stated CTO Chris Ziomkowski. "One of the most serious problems hindering their growth at the moment is the difficulty the consumer has in finding the right driver for a given task at the right place and establishing a trusted relationship with him. Much as Amazon has professionalized the chaos that was early e-commerce on the internet, World Moto is diligently working to professionalize the mototaxis that entwine the local commerce ecosystem."
Details on the roadmap will be provided to motorcycle taxi operators and drivers, governments, and the general public over the coming months. Elements of the World Moto roadmap include:
- Moto-Meter - the foundation of the structure that creates the regulatory mandate needed by operators and municipalities to ensure quality and equal accessibility independent of age, race or disability (The UN calls persons with disabilities the world's largest minority encompassing over a billion people or more than 15 percent of the world's population)
- Global Mototaxi Association - the umbrella organization that provides visibility into the issues affecting mototaxi operators and offers a voice to drivers and owners in order to affect change in their communities
- Yes services - the customer-centric electronic marketplace that brings drivers and patrons together to facilitate transactions within the multi-trillion-dollar local commerce ecosystem
- Real Fare - the digital security environment that establishes the trust consumers need when contracting for mobility and commerce
- Dash - the personal dashboard social network that allows for drivers and passengers to provide feedback and establish ratings
- Circulars - the advertising revolution that gives merchants access to the billions of mototaxi users
- Money Max - the advanced, integrated m-commerce solution that allows for sophisticated real time payments, tracking and delivery confirmation
Highlights of many of these elements are currently available at World Moto's website (www.worldmoto.com).
About World Moto
World Moto, Inc is the global authority on the $500 billion dollar a year motorcycle taxi industry and creator of Yes, the "Need it Now!" service. World Moto has revolutionized the taxi industry by inventing the Moto-Meter, a landmark device that CNN, Newsweek, Wired, Moneylife, among others, are calling "the world's first motorcycle taxi meter" and "world's first portable taxi meter" and "first-ever black box for motorcycles," while the Times named it "one of the most significant innovations of this decade" and Fast Company declared it "The First Real Taxi Meter Innovation in 100 Years...a $3 billion dollar idea."
Watch the Moto-Meter in use on motorcycle taxis: http://www.worldmoto.com/videos.php
Watch Yes: http://www.worldmoto.com/yes.php
To find out more about World Moto, Inc. (OTCBB: FARE) (OTCQB: FARE) (Berlin: WM7) (Berlin: A1J8SY), visit our website at www.worldmoto.com. Details of the Company's business, finances, appointments and agreements can be found as part of the Company's continuous public disclosure as a reporting issuer under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission's EDGAR database.
Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in Section 27(a) of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21(e) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements in this press release which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements and include any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such forward-looking statements include, among other things, projections of worldwide sales of World Moto, Inc's products and global markets. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the inherent uncertainties associated with new projects and development stage companies. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and we assume no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although we believe that any beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this press release are reasonable, there can be no assurance that any such beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate. Investors should consult all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosure outlined in our annual report on Form 10-K for the most recent fiscal year, our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
World Moto, Inc
Telephone: (646) 810-8781
For more information contact investor relations at Email Contact