|By ACN Newswire||
|January 6, 2013 07:25 PM EST||
Securities market performance as measured by the Straits Times Index was up 20% in 2012. However as in most global markets, trading activities declined. Nevertheless, securities trading in December grew strongly from a year earlier.
- Turnover declined 12% in 2012 to S$321.5 billion; securities average daily value (SDAV) was 12% down at S$1.3 billion.
- In December, turnover was up 39% from a year earlier at S$23.2 billion; SDAV grew 46% to S$1.2 billion.
- Volume in 2012 reached a new high of 80.2 million contracts, up 11%; daily average volume also grew 11% to a new high of 326,595 contracts.
- Open interest reached a new high of 2.95 million contracts on 13 December.
- In December, volume was up 55% from a year earlier at 8.0 million contracts; daily average volume grew 67% to a record-high 402,920 contracts.
- Volume of agri-commodity futures grew 56% in 2012 to 255,815 contracts. December volume grew 18% year-on-year to 20,442 contracts.
- Volume of commodity swaps cleared in 2012 grew 74% to 332,465 contracts. In December, volume cleared grew 80% year-on-year to 22,036 contracts.
OTC Financial Derivatives Clearing
- Volume of OTC interest rate swaps cleared totalled S$316 billion notional since the November 2010 launch. New trades cleared in 2012 totalled S$85 billion, up 39% year-on-year. In December, volume of new trades cleared was S$2.3 billion, up 91% from a year earlier.
Other Key Highlights
- Stock market capitalisation grew 20% in 2012 to S$935 billion.
- Bond listings reached a three-year high of S$183.1 billion in 2012, up 49% from the previous year. There were 390 bond listings in 2012, up 36%. The biggest listings during the year were the US$2.25 billion Indonesian sovereign bonds and the US$2 billion Nippon Life Insurance 30-year bond. In December, 16 bond listings raised S$5.4 billion. The value of listings was down 35% from a year earlier. The largest bond listing in December was the US$1 billion Mongolian government bond.
- SGX's newer derivative contracts continued to gain traction, posting strong volume growth in December and all of 2012. China A50 futures volume tripled in 2012 to a new high of 10 million contracts. Trading of the contract also reached a new one-month high of 1.7 million contracts in December after achieving a record one-day volume of 196,968 contracts on 18 December.
- Nikkei Dividend Index futures volume more than doubled in 2012 to a new high of 152,554 contracts. In December, volume was up 25% from a year earlier at 5,533 contracts.
- Volume of the Indian Nifty futures contracts in 2012 reached a new high 14.7 million contracts, up 0.3%. December volume grew 4% year-on-year to 1.2 million contracts.
- SICOM rubber futures volume grew 55% in 2012 to 255,815 contracts. In December, volume was up 21% year-on-year to 20,442 contracts.
- Volume of iron ore swaps cleared in 2012 more than doubled to 217,803 contracts, a new record high. In December, volume more than doubled to 18,968 contracts from a year earlier.
SGX Statistics At A Glance
Nov 2012 Dec 2012
Number of Trading Days (Securities) 21 20
Securities market Turnover Volume (mil shares) 43,315 44,785
Securities market Turnover Value ($million) 27,309 23,239
Securities Daily Average ($million) 1,300 1,162
Derivatives Volume 7,190,079 7,964,601
Derivatives Daily Average Volume 342,506 402,920
Total Number of Listed Securities 777 776
Total Market Capitalisation ($million) 910,673 934,543
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most internationalised exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity futures market, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com .
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Carolyn Lim Tel: +65 6236 8157 Email: [email protected] Joan Lew Tel: +65 6236 865 Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,940
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Jan. 31, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,834
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Jan. 31, 2015 12:30 AM EST Reads: 3,086
"For the past 4 years we have been working mainly to export. For the last 3 or 4 years the main market was Russia. In the past year we have been working to expand our footprint in Europe and the United States," explained Andris Gailitis, CEO of DEAC, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 11:45 PM EST Reads: 2,647
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Jan. 30, 2015 11:00 PM EST Reads: 3,751
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 2,878
Over the past year, Datical has had amazing success with our flagship product, Datical DB. We’ve seen multiple visionary, sector-leading companies select Datical DB to drive their Application Schema changes. Now that the number has grown rapidly over the past year, we can begin to see patterns in why customers choose Datical DB. One of them turns out to be pretty emblematic of our other customers. So, let's examine the reasons why they chose to adopt Datical DB.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EST Reads: 690
"ElasticBox is an enterprise company that makes it very easy for developers and IT ops to collaborate to develop, build and deploy applications on any cloud - private, public or hybrid," stated Monish Sharma, VP of Customer Success at ElasticBox, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 09:30 PM EST Reads: 2,807
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,595
At 15th Cloud Expo, Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, demos a video delivery platform that helps you do interactive videos. He discusses how Harbinger is accomplishing it in the cloud world, the problems they faced and the choices they made to get around these problems.
Jan. 30, 2015 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,655
Want to enable self-service provisioning of application environments in minutes that mirror production? Can you automatically provide rich data with code-level detail back to the developers when issues occur in production? In his session at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how to accomplish this and more utilizing technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio online, and Application Insights in this demo-heavy session.
Jan. 30, 2015 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,656
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture. Logentries, a log management and analytics service built for the cloud, has announced a new integration with Slack, the team communication platform, to enable real-time system and application monitoring. Users of both services can now receive real-...
Jan. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 928
Entuity®, a provider of enterprise-class network management solutions, today announced that it solidifies its position as a market leader through global enterprise customer acquisitions and a refined channel strategy. In 2014, Entuity increased new license revenues in EMEA by over 75 percent, and LATAM by over 125 percent as customers embraced Entuity for its highly automated solution and unified architecture. Entuity’s refined channel strategy focuses on even deeper strategic alignment with ke...
Jan. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 692
CloudBees, Inc., has announced a $23.5 million financing round, led by longtime CloudBees investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Matrix Partners, Verizon Ventures and Blue Cloud Ventures also participated in the round. The latest funding announcement follows earlier rounds of $4 million, $10.5 million and $10.8 million, bringing the total investment in CloudBees to just under $50 million since the company’s inception in 2010. Previous venture investment rounds were led by Ma...
Jan. 30, 2015 04:45 PM EST Reads: 749
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
Jan. 30, 2015 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,907