|By PR Newswire||
|January 8, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sigma Corporation of America a leading researcher, developer, manufacturer and service provider of some of the world's most impressive lines of lenses, cameras and flashes, will be exhibiting at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show at booth 7904 in Central Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center from Jan. 8 to 11.
At the event, Sigma will introduce the DP3 Merrill compact camera and a new feature set for Sigma Photo Pro software that will expand users' editing options for black and white imaging. The latest lenses from the Global Vision lineup will be on display, and attendees will be invited to the booth to shoot with the SD1 and DP2 Merrill cameras to enter to win a new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens.
"Our involvement at CES this year will reaffirm our commitment to photographers," said Mark Amir-Hamzeh, president of Sigma Corporation of America. "We will showcase our Global Vision lens lineup, the new Sigma Photo Pro black and white photo editing mode and our latest DP Merrill compact camera, the DP3, which completes the DP Merrill camera set with its 50mm F2.8 lens. We'll also let people photograph with the SD1 and DP2 Merrill cameras in our booth so they can get the full Foveon sensor experience."
Sigma's brand new product announcements include:
- DP3 Merrill: As the next generation in Sigma's DP camera lineup, the DP3 Merrill features a high-performance, 50mm f2.8 lens (a focal range equivalent to 75mm on a 35mm SLR camera) that is ideal for mid-telephoto and macro range shooting. Equipped with the Foveon X3 direct image sensor, the DP3 Merrill ensures outstanding resolution and a natural rendering with rich gradation that results in a 3D feel. Other highlights include an advanced user interface and the capability of seven-frame continuous shooting. When paired with its DP Merrill predecessors, the DP1 and DP2, the trio is a complete compact camera tool set. For the full press release about the DP3 Merrill, click here. Pricing and availability is yet to be announced.
- Sigma Photo Pro Monochrome Mode: This new black and white editing mode in the Sigma Photo Pro software processes the RAW data of the Sigma Merrill series for the creation of monochrome photography. Sigma's full-color capture system produces richly detailed monochrome images with a wide dynamic range from highlight to shadow. It creates ultra high-resolution images even at high ISOs with minimal noise. In this mode, photographers can expect smooth, beautiful gradations, and editing options that include a new Color Channel Mixer and a Film Grain Effect. Since Sigma's cameras do not use blur filters, and since the image sensors capture full image detail at each pixel location in the image, the Merrill camera series is uniquely positioned to produce great color, and black and white imagery. This feature set will be available in Sigma Photo Pro version 5.5, which will be available for download via the Sigma site. Images made using this monochrome editing tool will be displayed at the CES booth. For the full press release about this feature set, click here.
New products that were previously announced as part of the Global Vision restructuring and will be on display include:
- 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM: This new lens from the Contemporary line is 30 percent smaller than conventional models, and features two "F" Low Dispersion (FLD) glass elements with performance equal to fluorite, and one Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass element. Sigma and Canon mounts will be available this month, Nikon mounts will be available in February, and Sony and Pentax mounts will arrive in March. For the full press release, click here. The 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM will be available for the street price of $499.
- 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM: This new lens from the Sports line will include Sigma's Optical Stabilization (OS) function, a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), and two FLD and one SLD glass elements. With a new dust- and splash-proof design, this lens will also have a focus limiter, which incorporates inner focusing and zooming that does not require a change to the length of the lens for focus and zoom. Sigma and Canon mounts will be available in February, and Nikon mounts will arrive in March. For the full press release, click here. The 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM will be available for the street price of $3,599.
- USB Dock: In the industry's first USB dock, photographers are able to update the lens firmware and adjust parameters such as focus through the Sigma Optimization Pro software. Additionally, AF speed, focus limiter and OS functionality will be customizable via the dock for the Sports line of lenses. For the full press release, click here. Pricing and availability is yet to be announced.
Sigma Corporation of America's booth activities at this year's CES include:
- Sigma's CES Fashion Studio: Stop by the Sigma booth each day of the show to shoot with the SD1 Merrill or DP2 Merrill cameras. The studio will feature alternating high-end models in 1950s and 1960s or couture garb, and guided tutorials with Sigma Pros. All participants will walk away with a Sigma T-shirt and their images on a Sigma flash drive.
- Sigma 35mm F1.4 sweepstakes: By participating in the Sigma CES Fashion Studio, attendees will be entered to win a new Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM lens in a camera mount of their choosing. The winner will be randomly chosen at the end of the show. Click here for contest rules.
For information about Sigma Corporation of America, visit www.sigmaphoto.com. Stop by the CES Virtual Press Room at http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/kit/i6ai or download the CES mobile application for more details about Sigma's presence at the show.
About Sigma Corporation
For more than 50 years, Sigma Corporation's expertise and innovation has driven the company's core philosophy of "knowledge, plus experience, plus imagination," with an emphasis on producing high-quality, high-performance photographic technology. This family-owned organization is the largest, independent SLR lens manufacturer in the world, producing more than 50 lenses that are compatible with most manufacturers, including Sigma, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax. Sigma Corporation also produces digital SLR cameras and high-definition digital compact cameras. The company is headquartered in Japan, with offices strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. For information, please visit www.sigmaphoto.com.
SOURCE Sigma Corporation of America
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,219
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in San...
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,237
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 449
“The year of the cloud – we have no idea when it's really happening but we think it's happening now. For those technology providers like Zentera that are helping enterprises move to the cloud - it's been fun to watch," noted Mike Loftus, VP Product Management and Marketing at Zentera Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 522
As enterprises engage with Big Data technologies to develop applications needed to meet operational demands, new computation fabrics are continually being introduced. To leverage these new innovations, organizations are sacrificing market opportunities to gain expertise in learning new systems. In his session at Big Data Expo, Supreet Oberoi, Vice President of Field Engineering at Concurrent, Inc., discussed how to leverage existing infrastructure and investments and future-proof them against e...
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,253
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
Dec. 17, 2014 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,154
"Desktop as a Service is emerging as a very big trend. One of the big influencers of this – for Esri – is that we have a large user base that uses virtualization and they are looking at Desktop as a Service right now," explained John Meza, Product Engineer at Esri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,383
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
Dec. 17, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 590
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,086
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,061
"Ulunsoft is a start-up that focuses on how enterprises build cloud-based IT infrastructure for business," explained Haibo Zhu, President of Ulunsoft Corp, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 05:00 PM EST Reads: 974
"Application monitoring and intelligence can smooth the path in a DevOps environment. In a DevOps environment you see constant change. If you are trying to monitor things in a constantly changing environment, you're going to spend a lot of your job fixing your monitoring," explained Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,419
AppDynamics, the application intelligence leader for software-defined businesses, announced the general availability of the AppDynamics Fall '14 Release. Serving the combined needs of IT and business teams across the enterprise, the latest release provides a comprehensive view across all aspects of digital performance in ultra large scale deployments. AppDynamics delivers Application Intelligence by building out advanced capabilities across the key areas of analytics, unified monitoring and D...
Dec. 17, 2014 01:30 PM EST Reads: 620
In addition, Tesora adds the popular enterprise distribution from Mirantis to the Tesora OpenStack Database Certification Program ensuring compatibility with both NoSQL and SQL database management systems on Trove and eliminating the headache of enterprises having to test integration on their own. "We're providing Mirantis customers with the most production-ready OpenStack Trove implementation, saving the work and time necessary to ensure compatibility," said Ken Rugg, CEO of Tesora. "Working...
Dec. 17, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 579
Docker containerization is gaining rapid popularity with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) developers because of clear benefits such as simplified and continuous app delivery. Enterprise developers also want to leverage Docker for easy provisioning and efficient testing, but IT has unique needs that Docker does not solve out-of-the-box, such as security and access control, supporting heterogeneous infrastructure, apps and app stacks, backup and recovery, visibility and monitoring, and integration. Ho...
Dec. 17, 2014 12:15 PM EST Reads: 621