|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 07:56 PM EST||
House of Marley today introduced its newest collection of earth-friendly, premium quality personal audio and lifestyle products at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), taking place January 8 - 11, 2013 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. House of Marley will give CES attendees the chance to kick back, hear the love and experience great music from exceptional audio gear in Central Hall, Booth #10544.
House of Marley will provide a first look at a range of new products that will be available in 2013, many which will incorporate Bluetooth® wireless technology and the brand’s exclusive upcycled fabric called REWIND™. Composed of reclaimed hemp and organic cotton, combined with the fibers of recycled water bottles (rPET), REWIND™ is finished using water-based dyes and biodegradable TPU coating for durability and wear resistance. In 2012, House of Marley introduced the MARLEY Lively Up™ and Lively Up™ Leather bag collections comprised of everyday use packs and totes made with REWIND™ fabric.
“When we started, we made a promise and a commitment to our planet and Marley fans,” said Rohan Marley, on behalf of his family. “Today, we are continuing to work hard to deliver on that promise by creating extraordinary personal audio and lifestyle products that reflect our commitment to a global movement, and expresses our love of music, craft, the planet and people.”
House of Marley products are sold in markets worldwide, including North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and the Caribbean. House of Marley donates five percent of annual profits to 1Love, the global movement sparked by the Marley family that provides funding to charities and causes focused on youth, planet and peace.
“The Marley name is synonymous with universal messages of sustainability, humanity, authenticity and integrity shared through music and a way of living that transcends geography, demographics, and cultures,” said Senior Vice President and General Manager of House of Marley –North America, Sam Vanderveer. “All attendees are invited to join our global Marley movement as we expand our distinctive audio and lifestyle product, while opening up the minds, eyes and ears of the industries in which we do business, as well as Marley fans around the world.”
At the 2013 CES show, House of Marley will be showcasing its new collections that embody the Marley family’s values of sustainability, humanity, authenticity and integrity.
Rise Up™ Over-Ear Headphones (MSRP $159.99; Available November
Made with earth-friendly materials like soft bamboo-fiber ear cushions and covered in canvas (and REWIND™ on the Saddle version), the Marley Rise Up collection is truly unique as an aviator, over-ear style headphone. Built for outstanding sound quality and comfort, along with a unique design allow you to express yourself in style while enjoying your favorite tunes.
- Created using recyclable aluminum, durable canvas, REWIND™ upcycled fabric and braided cable.
- 50mm Moving Coil for outstanding sound.
- Available in multiple colorways, and offers extreme comfort.
- Integrated microphone with Apple three-button controller and carry case.
Harambe™ On-Ear Headphones (MSRP $59.99; Available December
Made with earth-friendly materials, the Harambe collection is lightweight, easily portable and delivers the look you want with the performance you demand. It allows you to express yourself in a variety of colors whether on the street with friends, on the slopes or at home relaxing.
- 30mm driver for big sound.
- Integrated microphone with one-button controller; six colorways.
Buffalo Soldier™ On-Ear Headphones (MSRP $99.99; Available
Stylish, headphone that creatively utilizes Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC)-certified wood with subtle design elements and is engineered to perform.
- 40mm dynamic drivers gives this set of headphones incredible sound.
- Integrated Apple microphone with three-button controller.
- Soft leather ear cushions, recyclable aluminum headphones come in a carry bag.
Riddim™ On-Ear Headphones (MSRP $159.99; Available January 2013)
Covered in beautiful canvas and incorporating a soft leather headband and ear cushions, Riddim headphones deliver comfort, power and style in a truly effortless design.
- Designed to provide superb comfort, durability, unique style and sound that is authentic and true; created using recyclable aluminum, durable canvas and recycled plastic strain relief.
- 40mm drivers deliver phenomenal sound.
- Integrated microphone with Apple three-button controller and carry bag; Four colorways.
Legend™ In-Ear Headphones (MSRP $199.99; Available January 2013)
Premium balanced armature design that allows for a smaller profile, while delivering exceptional sound quality. Streamlined aluminum body with an FSC®-certified wood accent piece combine to create a highly sophisticated look.
- Soulfully designed and engineered to perform.
- Integrated Apple microphone with three-button controller, premium leather carry case.
Liberate™ On-Ear Headphones (MSRP $99.99; Available Q3 2013)
On-ear headphones with unique design crafted from stainless steel, fabric and FSC®-certified wood, boasting high performance drivers and detailed sound.
- 40mm dynamic moving coil driver with neodymium magnet.
- Soft leather ear cushions for comfortable listening.
- Integrated microphone with Apple three-button controller and carry bag.
MARLEY PORTABLE AUDIO:
Bag of Riddim™ Bluetooth® Audio System (MSRP $399.99; Available
Bag of Riddim Bluetooth provides all of the portability and amazing sound as the original Bag of Riddim and adds the wireless convenience of Bluetooth streaming. This amazing audio system also upgrades to a REWIND™ upcycled fabric carry bag. An integrated auxiliary input lets you connect hundreds of phones and music players and a built-in USB port is included to charge them. Stream your favorite tunes wirelessly and fill your world with great tunes wherever you are.
- Bluetooth A2DP/APTX/AAC high-quality audio.
- 4.5” high-output woofers, 1” high-definition tweeters and a powerful amplifier provide deep bass and an enhanced listening experience.
- Comes with a universal power adaptor (100-240VAC), region-specific power cord, front mounted 3.5mm auxiliary input (cable included) and a front USB port for charging smartphones, music players and tablets.
- Lithium battery and additional carry bag styles come as optional accessories.
Chant™ Bluetooth® Audio System (MSRP $99.99; Available January
Chant Bluetooth adds the convenience of wireless music streaming to the amazingly portable Chant audio system. The built-in rechargeable battery, convenient 3.5mm input (cable included) and REWIND™ carry bag make it simple and easy to connect hundreds of devices and fire up your tunes whenever and wherever you need them. The built-in microphone and answer/end call feature makes Chant the perfect speakerphone.
- Works with Bluetooth-enabled devices and many more through the auxiliary input.
- 2” speaker with passive radiator provides impressive sound anywhere you go.
- Natural Bamboo wood ring.
- Exclusive REWIND™ upcycled fabric carry bag with carabiner allows for easy portability.
Roots Rock™ Portable Bluetooth® Audio System (MSRP
$199.99; Available Q1)
Wirelessly stream music with the Roots Rock Bluetooth portable audio system. The built-in rechargeable battery, Bluetooth and convenient 3.5mm input make it simple and easy to connect hundreds of devices and fire up the sounds whenever and wherever. The exclusive REWIND™ fabric cover conveniently folds and snaps to form a stabilizing stand. Perfect for the beach, family picnic, or just hanging out.
- Bluetooth A2DP high-quality audio.
- Natural Bamboo sides and recycled plastic enclosure.
- Universal power supply and built-in lithium-ion battery.
- Exclusive REWIND™ carry bag integrated.
Get Together™ Bluetooth® Audio System (MSRP $199.99;
Bring the beats outside on your porch, or inside your home, the Get Together Bluetooth audio system blends form and function with it’s built-in battery and the convenience of wireless audio. This beautifully designed and room filling audio system goes wherever you do, pumping music from its two 3.25” high-output woofers, and two dedicated tweeters. The Get Together is wrapped with House of Marley’s exclusive upcycled fabric, REWIND™, and is designed with stained bamboo panels.
- Additional auxiliary input and USB power port works with hundreds of devices.
MARLEY HOME AUDIO:
Get Up Stand Up™ Bluetooth® Audio System (MSRP $349.99;
Get Up Stand Up Bluetooth takes this amazing audio system to the next level by adding the convenience of wireless audio streaming. A USB power port allows you to charge hundreds of devices and a pair of auxiliary inputs make connecting any non-Bluetooth device simple and easy.
- Bluetooth A2DP/APTX/AAC high-quality audio.
- 4.5” high-output woofers, 1” high-definition tweeters and a powerful amplifier provide room-filling bass and realistic mids and highs.
- Custom-bent frame from FSC-certified Birch wood with Walnut veneer and recycled plastic enclosure.
One Foundation™ Premium Digital Audio System (MSRP $799.99;
The One Foundation premium sound system is designed for environmentally conscious music connoisseurs. The elegantly designed speaker system, featuring Airplay technology, is made from beautifully sculpted FSC®-certified Oak wood, giving a dramatic yet natural look and feel.
- Multiple inputs include Toslink, SPDIF and RCA.
- Two aux-in connections for hundreds of devices.
- Additional output for subwoofer use.
- Comes with a remote control for easy listening.
In addition, many existing MARLEY products will have new colorways added to their line-up in 2013.
At the House of Marley the love lives in the details of the musical experience created; the materials used; and a commitment to sustainability, design, craft and a better tomorrow. House of Marley believes music matters, and Marley products are engineered to realize music’s power to transform and transcend. The brand’s audio products, including headphones and audio systems, are outfitted with the MARLEY “Signature Sound,” incorporating more than 30 years of audio expertise into the design of the acoustics of their audio products. It is the goal of House of Marley to produce audio products with smooth, powerful bass, mids with stunning presence and an energized high-end that brings songs to life. Each product undergoes custom tuning to deliver the most realistic and powerful performances possible.
About House of Marley:
Bob Marley’s vision of equality, love, philanthropy and sustainability continues to uplift and unite hearts around the globe. House of Marley realizes Bob’s vision of One Love, One World by creating lifestyle products that are crafted to last, use earth-friendly materials and benefit people and planet. House of Marley donates five percent (5%) of its annual profits to 1Love (www.1Love.org). The epicenter of a global movement, 1Love.org is dedicated to spreading Bob Marley's message of unity and peace by lifting up a new generation of "young gongs" to strike the hammer for charities, causes and ideas that can change the world. Learn more at www.houseofmarley.com, join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHouseofMarley, and follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/houseofmarley.
Visit the Marley Family's primary website at www.BobMarley.com and join the Official Bob Marley Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BobMarley. Learn more about other Marley Family ventures by visiting Marley Beverage Company at www.MarleyBeverages.com, Marley Coffee at www.MarleyCoffee.com, and 1Love.org at www.1love.org.
NOTE TO MEDIA: A comprehensive digital press kit for House of Marley, including detailed 2013 product catalog and high-resolution images, is available at http://www.houseofmarley.com/press