|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Irish operator eircom has chosen Comptel Fulfillment to expedite the deployment and launch of new services. Comptel’s offering will allow the communications service provider (CSP) to automate and more easily manage the end-to-end process from service order capture to service delivery, enabling it to shorten time-to-market from 6-12 months to just 6-12 weeks.
Leveraging catalog, Comptel Fulfillment will also help eircom reuse service components, be more agile in redefining existing products and conduct accurate, efficient service deployments. This, in turn, will simplify service creation, improve productivity and achieve cost-savings, as well as greatly reduce the likelihood of failed orders, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and better time-to-revenue.
- With approximately two million customers, eircom is the principal provider of fixed-line and mobile telecommunications services in Ireland. It operates an extensive network in the region in terms of both capacity and geographic reach, and offers a range of advanced voice, data and broadband services to the residential, small business, enterprise and government markets.
- eircom has signed a five-year contract with Comptel and begun to transition to the Next Generation Fulfillment platform. Up against fierce competition, Comptel demonstrated that its high performance technology is capable of propelling service innovation, customer engagement and time-to-revenue.
- Comptel Fulfillment streamlines all service delivery functionality—including comprehensive order workflow and management, service and resource inventory, technical service catalog, and provisioning and activation—into a single platform that can manage converged services in a network-agnostic environment. This approach results in a consolidated service perspective, improved asset management and, ultimately, a lower total-cost-of-ownership (TCO).
- Pre-integrated with Comptel Fulfillment is Comptel Catalog that allows capabilities drawn from multiple service catalogs, repositories or databases to be federated into reusable components for customer-facing services. Its Service-Oriented Architecture allows CSPs to build and adapt marketable products quickly from established service components, bringing new revenues with minimal delay and allowing an agile response to market changes and competitor initiatives.
- “We are sure that we’ve made the right choice in Comptel’s comprehensive fulfillment platform,” said John McIntyre, Group Technology, eircom. “The automation, full order orchestration and integrated catalog will significantly optimise our service deployments and launches, help us keep customers satisfied with richer communications products and maximise our revenue streams.”
- “Time-to-market is an important differentiator for any operator in today’s fast-paced telecommunications market,” said Mr. Mauro Carobene, CMO, Comptel. “With our catalog-driven Comptel Fulfillment product, eircom is well-positioned to streamline service innovation and ensure customer satisfaction to drive profitable business and stay ahead of the competition.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions including Comptel Fulfillment and Comptel Catalog.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, eircom, Ireland, Europe, Comptel Fulfillment, Comptel Catalog, fulfillment, catalog, time-to-market, order orchestration, customer engagement
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 25, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,770
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big D...
Dec. 25, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,174
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 25, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,835
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 25, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,007
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 25, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,698
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 25, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,944
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 25, 2014 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,621
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Dec. 25, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,183
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Dec. 25, 2014 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,535
SYS-CON Media announced today that Skytap blog on "DevOps Journal" exceeded 84,000 story reads. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. DevOps Journal brings valuable information to DevOps professionals who are transforming the way enterprise IT is done. Noel Wurst is the managing content editor at Skytap. Skytap provides SaaS-based dev/test environments to the enterprise. Skytap solution removes the inefficiencies and constraints that comp...
Dec. 25, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,353
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 25, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 7,087
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Dec. 25, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,551
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 25, 2014 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,681
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Dec. 25, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,879
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 25, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,738