|By Business Wire||
|January 10, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that Irish operator eircom has chosen Comptel Fulfillment to expedite the deployment and launch of new services. Comptel’s offering will allow the communications service provider (CSP) to automate and more easily manage the end-to-end process from service order capture to service delivery, enabling it to shorten time-to-market from 6-12 months to just 6-12 weeks.
Leveraging catalog, Comptel Fulfillment will also help eircom reuse service components, be more agile in redefining existing products and conduct accurate, efficient service deployments. This, in turn, will simplify service creation, improve productivity and achieve cost-savings, as well as greatly reduce the likelihood of failed orders, ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and better time-to-revenue.
- With approximately two million customers, eircom is the principal provider of fixed-line and mobile telecommunications services in Ireland. It operates an extensive network in the region in terms of both capacity and geographic reach, and offers a range of advanced voice, data and broadband services to the residential, small business, enterprise and government markets.
- eircom has signed a five-year contract with Comptel and begun to transition to the Next Generation Fulfillment platform. Up against fierce competition, Comptel demonstrated that its high performance technology is capable of propelling service innovation, customer engagement and time-to-revenue.
- Comptel Fulfillment streamlines all service delivery functionality—including comprehensive order workflow and management, service and resource inventory, technical service catalog, and provisioning and activation—into a single platform that can manage converged services in a network-agnostic environment. This approach results in a consolidated service perspective, improved asset management and, ultimately, a lower total-cost-of-ownership (TCO).
- Pre-integrated with Comptel Fulfillment is Comptel Catalog that allows capabilities drawn from multiple service catalogs, repositories or databases to be federated into reusable components for customer-facing services. Its Service-Oriented Architecture allows CSPs to build and adapt marketable products quickly from established service components, bringing new revenues with minimal delay and allowing an agile response to market changes and competitor initiatives.
- “We are sure that we’ve made the right choice in Comptel’s comprehensive fulfillment platform,” said John McIntyre, Group Technology, eircom. “The automation, full order orchestration and integrated catalog will significantly optimise our service deployments and launches, help us keep customers satisfied with richer communications products and maximise our revenue streams.”
- “Time-to-market is an important differentiator for any operator in today’s fast-paced telecommunications market,” said Mr. Mauro Carobene, CMO, Comptel. “With our catalog-driven Comptel Fulfillment product, eircom is well-positioned to streamline service innovation and ensure customer satisfaction to drive profitable business and stay ahead of the competition.”
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions including Comptel Fulfillment and Comptel Catalog.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, eircom, Ireland, Europe, Comptel Fulfillment, Comptel Catalog, fulfillment, catalog, time-to-market, order orchestration, customer engagement
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 280 service providers across 85 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of nearly 700 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.
The consumption economy is here and so are cloud applications and solutions that offer more than subscription and flat fee models and at the same time are available on a pure consumption model, which not only reduces IT spend but also lowers infrastructure costs, and offers ease of use and availability. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed this shifting dynamic with an ...
May. 26, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,096
As enterprises engage with Big Data technologies to develop applications needed to meet operational demands, new computation fabrics are continually being introduced. To leverage these new innovations, organizations are sacrificing market opportunities to gain expertise in learning new systems. In his session at Big Data Expo, Supreet Oberoi, Vice President of Field Engineering at Concurrent, Inc., discussed how to leverage existing infrastructure and investments and future-proof them against e...
May. 26, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,981
Due of the rise of Hadoop, many enterprises are now deploying their first small clusters of 10 to 20 servers. At this small scale, the complexity of operating the cluster looks and feels like general data center servers. It is not until the clusters scale, as they inevitably do, when the pain caused by the exponential complexity becomes apparent. We've seen this problem occur time and time again. In his session at Big Data Expo, Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackI...
May. 26, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,364
Once the decision has been made to move part or all of a workload to the cloud, a methodology for selecting that workload needs to be established. How do you move to the cloud? What does the discovery, assessment and planning look like? What workloads make sense? Which cloud model makes sense for each workload? What are the considerations for how to select the right cloud model? And how does that fit in with the overall IT transformation?
May. 26, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,165
The recent trends like cloud computing, social, mobile and Internet of Things are forcing enterprises to modernize in order to compete in the competitive globalized markets. However, enterprises are approaching newer technologies with a more silo-ed way, gaining only sub optimal benefits. The Modern Enterprise model is presented as a newer way to think of enterprise IT, which takes a more holistic approach to embracing modern technologies.
May. 25, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,905
For better or worse, DevOps has gone mainstream. All doubt was removed when IBM and HP threw up their respective DevOps microsites. Where are we on the hype cycle? It's hard to say for sure but there's a feeling we're heading for the "Peak of Inflated Expectations." What does this mean for the enterprise? Should they avoid DevOps? Definitely not. Should they be cautious though? Absolutely. The truth is that DevOps and the enterprise are at best strange bedfellows. The movement has its roots in t...
May. 25, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,198
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impac...
May. 25, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,734
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 25, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,350
Every day we read jaw-dropping stats on the explosion of data. We allocate significant resources to harness and better understand it. We build businesses around it. But we’ve only just begun. For big payoffs in Big Data, CIOs are turning to cognitive computing. Cognitive computing’s ability to securely extract insights, understand natural language, and get smarter each time it’s used is the next, logical step for Big Data.
May. 25, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,695
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,510
Enterprises are fast realizing the importance of integrating SaaS/Cloud applications, API and on-premises data and processes, to unleash hidden value. This webinar explores how managers can use a Microservice-centric approach to aggressively tackle the unexpected new integration challenges posed by proliferation of cloud, mobile, social and big data projects. Industry analyst and SOA expert Jason Bloomberg will strip away the hype from microservices, and clearly identify their advantages and d...
May. 25, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,311
In a world of ever-accelerating business cycles and fast-changing client expectations, the cloud increasingly serves as a growth engine and a path to new business models. Dynamic clouds enable businesses to continuously reinvent themselves, adapting their business processes, their service and software delivery and their operations to achieve speed-to-market and quick response to customer feedback. As the cloud evolves, the industry has multiple competing cloud technologies, offering on-premises ...
May. 25, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,943
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 25, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,925
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 25, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,666