|By Business Wire||
|January 14, 2013 08:06 AM EST||
Only one company – NCR Corporation – serves as a one-stop shop for retailers of all sizes looking for solutions designed to make life easier for shoppers in this fast-changing retail world.
The wide variety of NCR’s solutions for retailers, from the budding entrepreneur to the largest global chains, will be on display at booth 2007 at the National Retail Federation (NRF) Big Show Expo January 14 and 15 at New York’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.
Several new solutions and expanded functionality and features of existing NCR offerings will be on display, including:
- NCR Silver, the revolutionary small business point of sale (POS) system, will highlight a variety of new functionality and features that make the system even more useful for small businesses like bake shops with food-service areas and mobile food and fashion trucks.
- NCR self-checkout (SCO) enhancements for 2013 will increase the reliability and security of SCO solutions. Working with StopLift Checkout Vision Systems, NCR will begin offering a real-time video analytics function to give stores another avenue for monitoring SCO. Additionally, NCR will offer optional NCR-developed produce recognition software to speed SCO transactions involving non-bar-coded produce items.
- The NCR RealPOS 72XRT continues NCR’s leadership in powerful, scalable and reliable high-performance POS systems. Built with Intel® processors inside and featuring Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT), the 72XRT provides more intelligent processing power to drive new applications, remote manageability and enhanced security, which creates competitive advantages on several fronts. The innovative EZ-Glide Blade System provides secure, tool-free access to components, enabling fast and easy service and upgrades.
- The NCR Netkey Endless Aisle kiosk application seamlessly integrates with back end e-commerce systems to enable customers to browse for product information, check inventory and order out-of-stock items or products not carried in the store. Combined with the new NCR SelfServ™ 85 Slimline 32-inch kiosk, retailers can bring an innovative and stylish high-definition digital retail experience right into the store.
- NCR’s Advanced Store software integrates traditional POS terminals, mobile POS tablet devices, retailer ecommerce portals and store loyalty programs to link online and in-store channels and bring advice, checkout and other services out from behind the counter and into the store. This functionality and integration increases the ability of store employees to assist customers at the point of decision – in the store aisle or sales floor – to ensure higher levels of customer service, increase sales and generate stronger brand loyalty.
- The NCR Mobile POS Assistant is a mobile station that provides mobile POS devices access to traditional retail peripherals, including scanners and receipt printers, and can serve as a stand to hold a mobile device – all tied together with NCR’s Advanced Store software. As more retailers implement mobile POS, many are finding a need for locations to bag merchandise, remove security tags, provide printed receipts, make exchanges and conduct other tasks that can’t be conveniently done in-aisle with fully mobile POS. The small-footprint NCR Mobile POS Assistant stations can be conveniently and unobtrusively placed throughout a store to handle transactions and shopper needs that require more than a tablet.
- NCR Pulse is a versatile mobile application that delivers actionable, real time information to a store owner or manager’s smart phone or tablet when he or she is on- or off-site. Pulse, through dashboards and alerts, offers information on key operational measures, including fuel operations and other key systems to ensure maximum uptimes on those systems. Another Pulse module monitors employee actions to better manage staffing levels and employee performance. With Pulse, store managers and owners can ensure maximum uptime of key store systems to maximize profitability and shopper satisfaction.
For more information on these and other NCR solutions, stop by the NCR NRF booth, # 2007, for a tour during show hours.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Follow us on Twitter: @NCRCorporation, @careersatncr
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ncrcorp
Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/ncrgroup
Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/ncrcorporation
NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.