|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2013 05:57 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gf3dx8/indonesia) has announced the addition of the "Indonesia - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts" report to their offering.
Indonesia Starting To Embrace Broadband On A Grander Scale
After a period of uncertainty, the Indonesian telecom sector has settled into a healthy development phase. This country of around 240 million people presents a huge potential market; however, it faces some particularly big challenges that need to be confronted if it is to successfully continue the building of the telecommunications infrastructure required to support a large population spread over what is a uniquely complex geography. At the same time, there is no avoiding the fact that Indonesia must also continue to deal with a range of social, political and economic issues that have proved problematic over the years.
- Indonesia's mobile market passed 260 million subscribers in early 2012 with penetration running at just over 107%;
- After years of strong growth, the annual increase in mobile subscribers had moderated somewhat by 2012 to somewhere around 15%;
- The 3G market had got off to a slow start, but by 2011/2012 there were sign of a surge in growth, with sales of smartphones jumping sharply;
- Internet user penetration remained low (10% user penetration by end-2011) and internet subscription rates were considerably lower;
- With broadband internet access numbers in Indonesia growing rapidly, by 2011 broadband as a proportion of the total internet subscriber base was running at almost 70%;
- DSL remained the dominant broadband platform for the time being; the heavy reliance on limited copper-wire infrastructure to access DSL services offers a huge opportunity for increased use of wireless-based internet access.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Key Statistics
2. Telecommunications Market
3. Regulatory Environment
4. Major Fixed Network Operators
5. Telecommunications Infrastructure
6. Internet Market
7. Broadband Market
8. Digital Economy/Digital Media
9. Mobile Communications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gf3dx8/indonesia.