|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 02:50 AM EST||
- Awardees recognised for delivering excellence and demonstrating industry best practices
LONDON, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the best and brightest in European industry, Frost & Sullivan granted prestigious Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards at a glittering ceremony on the 5th of December held in London, England.
The awards, based on Frost & Sullivan's unique TEAM Research™ methodology, highlight the achievements of companies, big or small, who innovate, differentiate and delight their customers, while delivering excellence and best practices in their respective industries.
Speaking on the occasion, Gary Jeffery, Partner and UK Operations Director at Frost & Sullivan, noted, "The companies that received awards have shown innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in the current economic climate. The products and services that we recognise should be applauded as examples of how to effectively optimise strategies, performance and processes."
A total of 30 awards were presented across a variety of industries including healthcare, chemicals, materials and foods, information communication technologies, industrial automation and process control and measurement and instrumentation.
Awardees were lauded for exceptional growth and market strategies, product development abilities, competitive advancement skills, technology innovation and dedicated customer focus.
Additionally, at the Frost & Sullivan Excellence Awards ceremony, Partner and Business Unit Leader of Visionary Innovation Research Group, Sarwant Singh, presented his book, "New Mega Trends." He walked the audience through key macro economic forces such as urbanization, new business models, connectivity and convergence with their implications on personal lives, business and markets in the future. He noted, "New Mega Trends, with its micro implications, will affect all players across the entire value chain. We have trends like urbanization, connectivity and convergence that will drive innovation and growth for all companies and define technology and product planning strategies in the future. Companies will need to do this Macro to Micro exercise to analyse the unmet needs of the future customer and capitalize on future white space opportunities."
The findings of the Visionary Innovation Research group have been published recently in "New Mega Trends," which was published by Palgrave Macmillian and can be purchased at this link:
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
- InterSystems Corporation - 2012 European Integrated Connected Health Technologies Company of the Year Award
- Eppendorf - 2012 European PCR Instrumentation Green Excellence Award
- Acibadem Mobile Health Services (AMHS) - 2012 Pan European Mobile Healthcare Services Growth Leadership Award
- Alexza Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 2012 Global Bipolar Disorder Therapeutics Enabling Technology Award
- Attends Healthcare Group -2012 European Incontinence Care Green Excellence Award
- Zealand Pharma - 2012 Global Therapeutic Peptides for Diabetes New Product Innovation Award
- GAT Food Essentials - 2012 European Food Encapsulation Technology Leadership Award
- CREMER OLEO GmbH & Co. KG - 2012 European Fatty Acid Ester Derivatives Product Line Strategy Award
- Shell - 2012 European Automotive Lubricants Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Ashland Industries Europe - 2012 European Municipal & Industrial Wastewater Treatment Chemicals Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Fleetlogic BV - 2012 European Light Commercial Vehicle Telematics Customer Service Leadership Award
- Alstom Grid - 2012 European VSC HVDC Transmission Technology Innovation Award
- Moventas Gears Oy - 2012 European Gearbox Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- WEG Electric Motors - 2012 European Electric Motors for Water & Waste Water Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Vacon Plc - 2012 European Low Voltage (LV) Alternating Current (AC) Electric Drives Product Line Strategy Award
- Wärtsilä Corporation - 2012 European Electric Drives for Marine Industry Customer Value Enhancement Award
- HYPE Innovation - 2012 European End to End Innovation Management Solution New Product Innovation Award
- Teleperformance - 2012 EMEA Contact Centre Outsourcing Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Webtrekk GmbH - 2012 Global Real-time Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Polystar - 2012 Global Customer Value Enhancement Award in Customer Experience Management (CEM)
- Trescal - 2012 European Calibration Services Market Penetration Leadership Award
- BitBang - 2012 Global Site+Social Analytics Technology Innovation Award
- Aquaporin A/S - 2012 European Biomimetic Membranes for Water Filtration Technology Innovation Award
- REFUsol - 2012 European Solar Inverters Growth Leadership Award
- Baumer Group - 2012 European Light Barriers New Product Innovation Award
- Enecsys LLC - 2012 European Solar Inverters New Product Innovation Award
- PowerCell Sweden AB - 2012 European Technology Innovation Award in Fuel Cell for Auxiliary Power Unit
- Stulz GmbH - 2012 European Precision Air Conditioning Systems (PACS) Product Leadership Award
- BAE Systems Detica - 2012 Global Managed Security Services Customer Value Enhancement Award
- Atos - 2012 Global Innovating to Zero Visionary Innovation Award
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega
Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Frost & Sullivan
“We just completed the roll out of our first public and private cloud offerings, which are a combination of public, hybrid, and private cloud,” stated Erik Levitt, CEO of Open Data Centers, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 14th International Cloud Expo®, held June 10-12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City. Cloud Expo® 2014 Silicon Valley, November 4–6, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the...
Feb. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 5,894
The Internet of Things (IoT) is causing data centers to become radically decentralized and atomized within a new paradigm known as “fog computing.” To support IoT applications, such as connected cars and smart grids, data centers' core functions will be decentralized out to the network's edges and endpoints (aka “fogs”). As this trend takes hold, Big Data analytics platforms will focus on high-volume log analysis (aka “logs”) and rely heavily on cognitive-computing algorithms (aka “cogs”) to mak...
Feb. 26, 2015 07:00 PM EST Reads: 683
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes ...
Feb. 26, 2015 06:45 PM EST Reads: 574
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gary Hall, Chief Technology Officer, Federal Defense at Cisco S...
Feb. 26, 2015 06:30 PM EST Reads: 666
The explosion of connected devices / sensors is creating an ever-expanding set of new and valuable data. In parallel the emerging capability of Big Data technologies to store, access, analyze, and react to this data is producing changes in business models under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). In particular within the Insurance industry, IoT appears positioned to enable deep changes by altering relationships between insurers, distributors, and the insured. In his session at @Things...
Feb. 26, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 607
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, it is now feasible to create a rich desktop and tuned mobile experience with a single codebase, without compromising performance or usability.
Feb. 26, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 656
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applicatio...
Feb. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,112
VictorOps is making on-call suck less with the only collaborative alert management platform on the market. With easy on-call scheduling management, a real-time incident timeline that gives you contextual relevance around your alerts and powerful reporting features that make post-mortems more effective, VictorOps helps your IT/DevOps team solve problems faster.
Feb. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 997
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, will discuss why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices ra...
Feb. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,152
Companies today struggle to manage the types and volume of data their customers and employees generate and use every day. With billions of requests daily, operational consistency can be elusive. In his session at Big Data Expo, Dave McCrory, CTO at Basho Technologies, will explore how a distributed systems solution, such as NoSQL, can give organizations the consistency and availability necessary to succeed with on-demand data, offering high availability at massive scale.
Feb. 26, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,029
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, will explain the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is r...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:45 PM EST Reads: 679
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, de...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,829
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focu...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,007
SYS-CON Media announced that IBM, which offers the world’s deepest portfolio of technologies and expertise that are transforming the future of work, has launched ad campaigns on SYS-CON’s numerous online magazines such as Cloud Computing Journal, Virtualization Journal, SOA World Magazine, and IoT Journal. IBM’s campaigns focus on vendors in the technology marketplace, the future of testing, Big Data and analytics, and mobile platforms.
Feb. 26, 2015 03:04 PM EST Reads: 466
Security can create serious friction for DevOps processes. We've come up with an approach to alleviate the friction and provide security value to DevOps teams. In her session at DevOps Summit, Shannon Lietz, Senior Manager of DevSecOps at Intuit, will discuss how DevSecOps got started and how it has evolved. Shannon Lietz has over two decades of experience pursuing next generation security solutions. She is currently the DevSecOps Leader for Intuit where she is responsible for setting and driv...
Feb. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,032