|By Business Wire||
|January 21, 2013 08:10 AM EST||
enVista, a leading supply chain consulting and IT services firm, unveiled its Facility Design Build practice today at ProMat 2013, the premier material handling, logistics and supply chain event in the Americas. enVista has spent the last two years building a premier Facility Design Build services team. enVista has successfully completed projects for a dozen leading retailers and distributors, including: ECCO, Dansko, Horizon Hobby, and Pet Supplies Plus. The marriage of deep supply chain consulting and third party systems integration, combined with more than 20 years of design build and cost justified engineering experience, is a game changer for clients, enabling companies to partner with a single point of contact for program management, team process optimization, and facility engineering to build. The result is streamlined Facility Design Build projects that require fewer resources, faster time to beneficial use and a single partner accountable for project success.
enVista’s Facility Design Build services support the organization’s “Consult, Implement, Operate” (CIO) approach by creating a single point of responsibility from supply chain strategy to beneficial use. The design build business unit will deliver over eight large-scale projects in 2013 with forecasted revenue of $50M.
enVista President and CEO Jim Barnes said, “We took a different approach when we developed this business unit. We spent the last two years proving out the business model. It starts with exceptional talent that is focused on 100 percent client satisfaction. We are not a material handling equipment vendor who takes orders. Our goal is to implement solutions that create economic value for our clients. Unlike many material handling systems integrators, our livelihood is not dependent on how much conveyor we install. We will not build a solution that we did not design. We take accountability from concept, detailed engineering, installation and acceptance. Our design build capabilities complement the 150 supply chain and IT consultants that we have. We are truly driving value and reducing waste in our clients supply chains.”
enVista will deliver complimentary Design Build best practices at ProMat booth #3681 at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, January 21 and Tuesday, January 22. enVista will also demonstrate its leading Warehouse Control System (WCS) at 2:30 p.m. on those same dates and offer client facility photos and case studies in its booth.
Mike Kasperski, Managing Partner of Supply Chain Services at enVista said, “There are very few firms that can develop an IT application road map strategy for a retailer and then build a retail centric distribution center to support the strategy. The power in our solution offering is that we understand inventory optimization and product flow; therefore, we are truly optimizing supply chains from source to consumption.”
About enVista’s Facility Design Build services
- enVista provides data driven, ROI supported solutions that set a framework for all aspects of the project, from validation and simulation to implementation and beneficial use.
- Design experts interpret supply chain solutions data into functional, engineered design parameters that can either be sourced out in the form of a request for proposal or driven to completion in a design build format, eliminating time associated with beneficial use. The normal progression of an enVista design build project is from data to concept to engineered solution.
- enVista’s deliverables encompass everything from physical building construction, storage media, automation, software, operational processes, training, start up, transition management to beneficial use, and all of the gray areas in between.
- enVista’s WCS (enMotion) is a user friendly Material Handling Equipment control platform that provides superior service and uptime. Whether it is a package conveyor system, automatic zone routing, shipping sorter, load planning, multi-lane merge, unit sorter, etc. In addition to physically controlling machinery, enMotion Data Manager provides operational direction to support auxiliary warehouse tools like, Pick-by-Voice, Pick/Put-to-Light, RF Data capture/transition and Print & Apply.
- enVista’s goal is to provide total visibility of the supply chain from source to consumption, including the functional processes required and performed in the warehouse. All proposed systems are simulated to provide actual, justified, proven designs prior to any ground being touched. enVista understands it is the synchronization between the physical flow of inventory through a distribution center, combined with the right balance of technology that supports a broader supply chain strategy.
- enVista offers a diverse team of experts with hands-on experience, minimizing the need for outside resources. The group includes a strong mechanical, electrical and controls engineering design team, certified project managers (PMP), and a software development team.
- enVista’s “source to consumption” solutions portfolio allows the company to address all aspects of distribution, from inbound receiving, to outbound shipping.
enVista is a leading supply chain consulting and IT services provider, delivering innovative solutions that improve profitability, enhance customer service and reduce waste from source to consumption. enVista provides exceptional value in its unique ability to consult, implement and operate. enVista’s unrivaled consulting experience, deep vertical industry expertise and comprehensive solutions portfolio, enable clients to leverage one strategic partner that consults, implements and operates across Supply Chain, Transportation, Retail, IT and ERP.
For more information about enVista, please call 877-684-7700 or contact email@example.com.