|By Business Wire||
|January 21, 2013 09:03 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6gv72f/video) has announced the addition of the "Video Transmission Services over Satellite, Global Market Analysis & Forecasts to 2020 (2011 Edition)" report to their offering.
Global video transmission services over satellite experienced robust average growth of around 8% over the last five years, mainly driven by the distribution of channels to terrestrial networks, growing needs for video contribution, and in particular, growth in the number of satellite pay-TV platforms worldwide, with over 120 active platforms in 2010.
The market value of video transmission services (for both permanent and occasional use) reached an estimated $15.8 billion in2010. Despite competition from fiber transmissions and other terrestrial networks, relatively steady growth in capacity usage for video transmissions (approximately 5% CAGR) is expected in the next decade. New standards (HD, 3D), technologies and video usages (linear and non linear), are also expected to support growth. Broadcasters' increasingly complex needs should result in greateroutsourcing of their transmissions to specialized companies.
In this expanding and more complex market, there will likely besome moves toward consolidation among service providers, with several M&A transactions already observed in the last few months. Latin America and Central & Eastern Europe -two currently very dynamic markets -should post strong growth over the next decade, followed by the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. North America and Western Europe, which will still represent the lion's share of the market, should generate 45% of the total market value by 2020, compared to 50% in 2010.
This report was designed specifically for service providers, satellite operators, and equipment manufacturers - enabling them to plan their current and future business strategies using the most comprehensive analysis available.
It provides key indicators (current & forecasts, by region) including:
- TV signals, TV channels, & TV feeds (number)
- Service & capacity revenues (video distribution & contribution)
- Number of SNG terminals installed worldwide by type of terminal (MSS terminals, SNG trucks, fly-away-terminals, Ka-capable & light units)
- Sales revenues for terminals, consolidated revenues for the satellite newsgathering segment
- Growth & forecasts for satellite occasional-use traffic (MSS terminals, SNG trucks, fly-away-terminals, Ka-capable & light units)
Company profiles (overview of strategy, financial indicators, commercial performance, and current infrastructure) include:
- Ascent Media
- Globecomm Systems
- Media Broadcast
A must read for:
- Satellite Equipment Manufacturers
- Investors & Financial Institutions
- Satellite Services Providers
- Satellite Operators & Data Resellers
- Telecom Operators
- TV Distributors
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6gv72f/video