|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 09:21 AM EST||
ScaleMP™, a leading provider of virtualization solutions for high-end computing, today announced that 2012 was its record revenue year. The revenue for 2012 was greater than the combined revenue of 2010 and 2011. Growth came from all major geographies (North America; Europe, Middle East, Africa; Asia-Pacific, Japan) ending the year with almost equal revenue split across all major geographies. In addition, the company expanded it services revenues, which now account for 19% of 2012 total revenue.
“2012 was a banner year for ScaleMP. Our product and services revenue grew significantly compared to 2011 and we saw acceptance in all geographies,” stated Shai Fultheim, founder and CEO of ScaleMP. “We have continued to expand our business and have seen a tenfold increase over the past four years. Our installed base now spans across 30 countries and our products are increasingly being accepted in a wide range of industries.”
In 2012, ScaleMP expanded its portfolio of products that allow customers to take advantage of the latest Intel or AMD CPUs to create cost effective symmetric multiprocessors (SMPs). In addition the company expanded product focus to the Big Data problems and is in trials with a few customers.
The current lineup of vSMP Foundation solutions includes:
- vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion is a cost and performance optimized solution for users seeking to create very large memory VMs from industry standard systems for use in conjunction with Big Data applications. vSMP Foundation for Memory Expansion gives applications the ability to address all of the memory available from multiple servers while running just one instance of the operating system. Terabytes (TB) of memory can be easily accessed from a collection of inexpensive servers.
- vSMP Foundation for SMP allows for compute expansion outside individual servers. By aggregating the resources contained in smaller servers, including CPUs, RAM and I/O, applications can easily be developed or executed which are scalable. Thousands of cores, Terabytes of memory, and petabytes of storage are all easily accessible for any application.
- vSMP Foundation for Cluster simplifies the management of a large number of CPUs. By aggregating the resources from a number of servers running on a single OS, cluster management is reduced to managing a single system, greatly reducing CAPEX.
- vSMP Foundation for Cloud gives data center managers the ability to create a flexible data center that can respond to a wide variety of workloads. As users require large SMPs for their applications to run optimally, data center managers can easily respond by creating virtual SMPs, as needed and return those resources to the cluster later.
- vSMP Foundation for Intel Xeon Phi gives developers the ability to migrate their applications to the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor. This unique software eases the transition for applications from a simple host based CPU system to one that contains one or more of the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors, reducing risk.
In addition, 2012 ScaleMP announced its vSMP Foundation 5.0, which included the following new features:
Extended hardware options:
- Support for Intel True Scale HCAs
- Support for newest Broadcom and Emulex 10GigE network adapters
- Processor support for the Intel Xeon processor E5 family and the AMD Opteron 6300–.
- Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor immediate performance gain due to having over 50 cores available running in one instance of the operating system.
- Hosted VM mode
- Ethernet connectivity for Hosted VM mode
- Batched I/O allows for a greater performance for I/O intensive applications
- IBM Platform HPC Integration – vSMP Foundation 5.0 has now been integrated with IBM Platform HPC.
- Actian Corporation uses vSMP Foundation to expand memory footprint available for its Vectorwise – RDMS designed for high performance analytical database applications.
Pricing & Availability
vSMP Foundation 5.0 is offered under the ScaleMP licensing model, so prices start as low as $400 per socket. The per-socket pricing model allows for greater simplicity when it comes to selecting platforms for vSMP Foundation and provides customer peace of mind, focusing on the virtual SMP size and capabilities, rather than on the nodes size and model. Additionally, vSMP Foundation is now available with floating licenses, allowing customers to reuse the same license for future hardware generations. Floating licenses provide the best ROI when it comes to vSMP Foundation licenses. For more information about vSMP Foundation, please visit http://www.ScaleMP.com/products.
About vSMP Foundation
vSMP Foundation aggregates multiple industry-standard, off-the-shelf, x86 servers into a single virtual high-end system. vSMP Foundation provides customers with an alternative to traditional expensive symmetrical multiprocessing (SMP) systems and also offers simplified clustering infrastructure with a single operating system. It supports aggregation of up to 128 servers into a single virtual SMP system, providing customers with:
- Up to 256 TB of shared memory for large memory requirements;
- Up to 32,768 cores virtual SMP, proven scalability and record-breaking memory bandwidth;
- Ease of use and lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for clusters coupled with simplified storage architecture;
- On-demand SMP with support for most common provisioning systems, allowing for increased datacenter utilization with consolidated architecture;
For more information on vSMP Foundation please visit http://www.scalemp.com/products.
ScaleMP is the leader in virtualization for high-end computing, providing maximum performance and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). The innovative Versatile SMP™ (vSMP) architecture aggregates multiple independent systems into a single virtual system, delivering an industry-standard, high-end symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) computer. Using software to replace custom hardware and components, ScaleMP offers a new, revolutionary computing paradigm. For more information, please call +1 (408) 342-0330 or visit http://www.ScaleMP.com.
vSMP Foundation is a trademark or registered trademark of ScaleMP. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.