|By PR Newswire||
|January 23, 2013 08:41 AM EST||
THORNTON, Colo., Jan. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BusinessBolts.com released a 25-page document based on original research from a survey of 265 marketers. The survey was conducted to learn how small business owners and marketers use content in their marketing strategies.
The report can be downloaded for free here:
Here are a few of the major findings of the report:
- The majority of marketers (74%) use content marketing to increase traffic and promote their brand.
- A pressing question of marketers is how to use content to gain the biggest SEO benefit.
- The majority of marketers are not outsourcing the creation of their content (but would like to), which leaves huge opportunities for freelance writers and other content providers.
- Marketers are seeing massive benefits from content marketing even with minimal effort and minimal spending on content creation. The biggest benefits come in the form of increasing their traffic.
- The top content format are articles (74%). 38% of marketers are creating videos and even more (53%) plan to create video this year.
This is just a small sample of the findings within the report. The Content Marketing Survey Report 2013 covers many other aspects of content marketing and also breaks out the trends for the high earners where possible.
"SEO and social media are converging into content marketing optimization," says Lisa Parmley, the founder of BusinessBolts.com. She continues, "Businesses create content their prospects are interested in. Naturally they want to maximize the results they get from each piece of content they create. The best method for doing that is by optimizing the content for search engines and spreading the word to their existing fan base on social media platforms."
Content marketing differs from many forms of advertising. Valuable content acts as a magnetic force for marketers and helps drive traffic as well as increase conversions with less friction than traditional sales pitches.
BusinessBolts.com launched in July 2012 and continues to grow its library of helpful content and resources. Lisa Parmley has been a business owner since 2001. She started BusinessBolts.com as a way to share her knowledge and experience with an audience of entrepreneurs and small business owners. The vision of BusinessBolts.com is one of service and success.
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.