|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 07:24 PM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- The (IEDEC) announced its 2013 program featuring keynotes and invited talks by industry and academia experts with over 40 technical presentations that cover critical issues related to excellence in interdisciplinary engineering design education. Two awards are open for nomination to honor and pay tribute to organizations and educators who exemplify excellence in interdisciplinary engineering education -- Education Leadership Award and Quality Educator Award.
"Interdisciplinary education is a critical mean to replicate what our customers experience every day," said Thom Tremblay, Industry Strategy Manager at Autodesk. "Working across disciplines gives students additional perspectives and a broader view of the field they are studying."
- Resilient Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS): From Big Data to Action Webs
S. Shankar Sastry, Dean and Roy W. Carlson Professor of Engineering
University of California, Berkeley
- Connecting Through the Cloud
Thomas Tremblay, Global Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Industry Manager
- SMILE (Stanford Mobile Inquiry-based Learning Environment)
Dr. Paul Kim, CTO, Graduate School of Education
- You Can't do that in a Virtual Classroom!
Peter Ryce - Adobe
- Interdisciplinary and Integrative -- Engineering Education for a Changing World
Dean S. K. Ramesh - California State University, Northridge
- Wireless Health: Remaking of Medicine by Pervasive Technologies
Prof. Mehran Mehregany - Case Western Reserve University
- Education for Everyone
Relly Brandman - Coursera
- Advanced Technologies for Microelectronics Engineering Education
- Curriculum Development for Interdisciplinary Engineering Education
- Advanced Technologies for Software Engineering Education
- Effective Teaching in Engineering Education
- Advances Electronics Education
- Critical Topics in Education
IEDEC Education Awards honor organizations and educators who exemplify excellence in interdisciplinary engineering design education. Nominations are open until February 20, 2013. Visit the IEDEC website today to submit your nominations and to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
The Interdisciplinary Engineering Design Education Conference (IEDEC) is the premier event committed to excellence in interdisciplinary engineering education and creating interdisciplinary programs and products. Conference attendees include educators, mentors, engineers, managers, researchers, students, as well as representatives from industry and consortiums. IEDEC furthers education in engineering design by improving the quality of engineering designers worldwide.
IEDEC is organized and sponsored by the International Society for Quality Electronic Design and is collocated with the 14th annual International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED) and SensorsCon. IEDEC is held with technical sponsorship of the IEEE Education Society. Corporate sponsors include Autodesk, Synopsys and Silicon Valley Polytechnic Institute.
For more information and to register, visit the conference site at http://www.iedec.org.
All trademarks and tradenames are the property of their respective owners.