|By Business Wire||
|February 4, 2013 05:39 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2mlsdv/tencent_holdings) has announced the addition of the "Tencent Holdings Limited: Tencent's Rise to Dominance in the Chinese Internet Industry" report to their offering.
Since its launch in 1998, Tencent has grown from an unprofitable, privately owned enterprise into one of China's leading companies. The company's continued development has transformed it from a startup to a company with annual revenues of over CNY28bn ($4.3bn) and net income in excess of CNY10bn ($1.5bn). In 2012, Tencent was placed 37th in Millward Brown's BrandZ 100 most valuable brands.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
Although Tencent operates through four business segments, IVAs and MVAs very much remain the backbone of the business. These two divisions accounted for over 92% of the company's total revenues in 2011, with IVAs in particular providing many of the company's revenue streams.
The company is highly reliant on its home market of China, a geography which accounted for over 98% of all revenue in 2011, and growth in China is slowing as the market nears saturation point. Consequently, the company is looking to grow its footprint overseas.
Tencent has adopted a number of strategies aimed at diversifying its revenue streams and growing its footprint overseas. The company has strengthened its presence in online gaming through a series of mergers and acquisitions and has begun to invest more heavily in operations outside of mainland China.
Your key questions answered
- How large is Tencent as a company?
- How has Tencent achieved its position as China's leading Internet platform?
- What challenges does the company face and how is it tackling them?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2mlsdv/tencent_holdings