|By Onkar Singh||
|February 4, 2013 11:59 PM EST||
Around the world, enterprises and organizations are mobilizing their workforce by allowing smartphones to boost productivity. There are several factors which influence its work force productivity. These situations or events can affect a business in either a positive or negative way. Phone usage during the work hours proves to be one such factor. Unnecessarily long calls might hit the productivity negatively. Also, if the phone is provided by management, it also adds to the expenses of the organization. As a part of management best practices, the least you can do is to have a phone call logging functionality which monitors the usage of phone in an enterprise.
SureMDM is a mobile device management solution which comes with an integrated Call Logging feature allowing you to monitor and log the calls on Android phones. These logs can be viewed directly on SureMDM admin console to keep a check on the calls made along with the time and duration of each incoming and outgoing call. This information can also be used to develop appropriate tactics and strategies to implement suitable policies
Follow the steps below to enable and configure call logging on your managed Android devices.
- Log in to your SureMDM Console.
- Select the device from the device list for which you wish to enable call logging.
- The device information of the selected device is displayed on the right panel of SureMDM Console. Click on Call Log button as displayed in the screen below:
- Call Log window is displayed on the screen. If call logging is not enabled, then turn on the call log and select the update interval. The update interval specifies the time after which the device sends updated call logs to your SureMDM console. Click OK to save the settings as shown in the screen below:
- Once the settings are applied, launch the Call Logwindow again to view updated call logs. Note that displaying updated call logs might take time depending upon the number of calls to be updated in the log and network bandwidth availability.
While viewing the call logs, you can:
-View all calls or select a call filter to view only Incoming, Outgoing, Missed or Rejected calls on the phone device.
-Export the call logs in csv(Comma Seperated Value) format using the Export button located below to view the logs offline.
To know more about mobile device management using SureMDM, click here
To learn more on how to secure and manage Android, iOS and Windows Mobile/CE devices efficiently, visit us at www.42gears.com