|By Marketwire .||
|February 5, 2013 09:48 AM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/05/13 -- Objectivity, Inc., provider of the leading object and graph databases, today announced the availability of Objectivity/DB 11.0 with new enhancements to deployment, querying and object clustering for enhanced Big Data analysis. Objectivity/DB has been the leading object database for more than 20 years and is deployed in multiple verticals with customers including the Department of Defense, Ericsson, and Siemens.
"Objectivity/DB 11.0 is focused on overall development and deployment improvements that increase efficiency so customers can focus on developing applications," said Leon Guzenda, Founder of Objectivity. "With enhanced flexibility and a powerful engine to increase querying power, 11.0 eases the pain of database management and puts the focus on discovery."
Objectivity/DB helps developers of enterprise, government and web-scale services to manage and query data in high-volume, high-complexity and high-throughput environments. New features in Objectivity/DB 11.0 include:
- Managed object-placement system - The only model-based technique for automatically placing new persistent objects in a federated database.
- Enhanced Query Engine - Navigation query capability (Objectivity/C++) that supports navigation of persistent objects as a graph.
- Enhanced query server - Extends the parallel query capability to support distributed graph navigation.
- Extended Java interface - Predicate Query Language (PQL) expression trees (Objectivity for Java) Support for the predicate expression tree interface, which provides support for external search agents and query builders and parsers.
- Installer Enhancement - Enhancements to the installation program with a full-featured GUI installer for all platforms.
- File-storage locations - The addition of a new mechanism for specifying storage locations for database and container files.
- Model-based indexes - A new mechanism for defining and creating indexes of persistent objects.
- Tool runner - New command-line mechanism for running Release 11.0 Objectivity/DB administrative tools.
"Objectivity/DB is our flagship product and we have customers that have been leveraging this product for Big Data analysis for more than 20 years. At that time, we were well ahead of the game. Since then, we have been committed to making it easier for developers to query more data, faster and with greater depth," said Jay Jarrell, Objectivity president and CEO.
About Objectivity, Inc.
Since 1988 Objectivity, Inc. has been the Enterprise NoSQL leader, helping customers harness the power of Big Data. Our leading edge technologies: InfiniteGraph, The Distributed Graph Database and Objectivity/DB, a distributed and scalable object management database, enable organizations to discover hidden relationships for improved Big Data analytics and develop applications with significant time-to-market advantages and technical cost savings, achieving greater return on data related investments.
Objectivity, Inc. is committed to our customers' success, with representatives worldwide. Our clients include: AWD Financial, CUNA Mutual, Draeger Medical, Ericsson, McKesson, IPL, Siemens and the US Department of Defense. For more information, visit http://www.objectivity.com.
+1 415 359-7322