|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
Comptel Corporation (NASDAQ OMX Helsinki: CTL1V) today announced that it has completed interoperability testing with Procera Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: PKT). The companies’ joint, real-time policy control and charging solution, which consists of Comptel Policy Control and Procera’s PacketLogic Subscriber Manager and PacketLogic Real-Time Enforcement (PRE), enables communications service providers (CSP) to offer, manage and monetise advanced data services, while optimising network usage, improving the overall customer experience.
- Comptel Policy Control gives CSPs the levers they need to transform their technology investments into profitable new business—it helps them combine sophisticated charging rules for multi-vendor 3G, LTE, WiMAX, fixed and cable networks with the real-time application of network and business policy. Based on the proven Comptel Control and Charge platform, it supports a number of use cases including subscription redirection, fair usage, time-, location- and URL-based policy, parental controls and roaming.
The interoperability test demonstrated how policy and charging rules
managed by Comptel Policy Control could be enforced in Procera’s PRE
product based on the real-time inspection of network traffic. The
fully integrated, 3GPP-compliant solution provides:
- Faster time-to-market with Comptel Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) and Procera Policy and Charging Enforcement Function (PCEF) with DPI functionalities;
- Flexibility in supported industry-standard interfaces for policy control via Gx. The Gx interface provides transfer of policy and charging rules from PCRF to PCEF; and
- An extensible offering with comprehensive tools that go beyond control and monetisation of data servers.
- “This collaboration has enhanced Comptel’s and Procera’s ability to support CSPs challenged by the global data explosion,” said Antti Koskela, CTO, Comptel. “The integrated, real-time policy control and charging solution offers the flexibility and data granularity operators require to manage service usage easily and optimise their networks efficiently. Not only that, it leaves CSPs well-positioned to enhance the customer experience and capitalise on service monetisation and other business opportunities.”
- “Network operators are investing heavily in policy-based services,” said Cam Cullen, vice president of global marketing, Procera. “Joint solutions from Procera and Comptel enable differentiated services and new pricing models that operators can offer to compete more effectively in today’s sensitive broadband market.”
- Comptel will be attending Mobile World Congress, taking place 25-28 February 2013 in Barcelona. Visit Comptel’s booth (Hall 6, Stand 6C30) during the conference, or please contact email@example.com or visit the company’s microsite in advance to schedule a meeting.
- For more information about Comptel, visit www.comptel.com. Learn more about the company’s Customer Engagement solutions, including its integrated policy control and charging platform.
- Connect with Comptel on its blog, Compelling Conversations on OSS, and on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Also visit the company’s Vimeo and YouTube channels.
Comptel, OSS, customer engagement, policy control, charging, Procera, real-time, PCRF, CSPs, customer experience, monetisation, optimisation, data explosion, PCEF, fair usage, parental controls, roaming
About Comptel Corporation
Since 1986, Comptel has helped more than 290 service providers across 86 countries meet over one billion subscribers’ communications and infotainment needs. Comptel’s solutions are built on an event – analysis – action strategic framework that leverages the company’s strengths in event data processing and advanced predictive analytics to enable real-time action. Comptel’s service fulfillment, mediation, charging and policy control, and predictive social analytics products with implementation and professional services enable service providers to enhance customer engagement and, in turn, create revenue, reduce costs and lessen churn. Comptel has a global team of over 600 professionals, and net sales were EUR 77 million in 2011. For more information, visit www.comptel.com.