|By PR Newswire||
|February 13, 2013 05:13 AM EST||
LONDON, February 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
As the weather starts to ease up and the evenings become lighter, Swinton Bikes is offering important advice to motorcyclists getting ready to take their bikes out of winter storage.
Swinton Bikes, one of the UK's leading high street retailers of motorbike insurance is encouraging motorbike enthusiasts to carry out necessary checks to ensure that their bikes are safe for road use, after being stored away during the long winter.
Performing simple vehicle checks such as checking tyres, brakes and oil levels can help to avoid any road incidents and ensuring that all paper work for the vehicle is up-to-date including insurance policies, MOT certificates and road tax is also essential before hitting the road for the first ride of the season.
With this in mind, Swinton Bikes has the following tips to help motorcyclists check that their bike is safe and ready for the road:
- Check the fuel is in the correct condition; check for any gunk or stratification and if necessary drain the tank fuel line before running the engine
- Check the engine oil; if it wasn't changed before putting the bike into storage consider changing the oil and filter now
- Check the battery for signs of corrosion and ensure it is fully charged before heading out
- Check for any leaks; if the brake fluid needs topping up it must come from a sealed supply that is the same brand as the fluid already in the bike
- Check the suspension and tyres for any unusual marks, cracks or flat spots to help avoid any road incidents that could arise as a result
- Ensure the bike is insured to protect against any damages, accidents or theft that could occur
- Finally get your leathers and helmet ready and safely enjoy your first ride out of the season
Anthony Aronin, Head of Swinton Bikes said, "The temptation to just jump on your bike once the weather improves is understandable, but bikers need to follow some simple steps to make sure they stay safe on the road. Also by ensuring you bike stays in great condition can mean making less claims on your motorcycle insurance and helping to keep premiums low."
- With over 500 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
For more information please contact Mairead Rodden, Lucy Gordon or Alyssa Harrison at SKV Communications on +44(0)161-838-7770 or email email@example.com
SOURCE Swinton Bikes