|By NeonDrum News||
|February 25, 2013 02:12 PM EST||
The first ‘World Research and Innovation Congress - Pioneers in Healthcare' conference takes place at Steigenberger Grandhotel, Brussels on the 5 and 6 June, 2013.
The two day event will bring together over 500 of the world's top scientific health professionals to discuss future challenges and strategies on the key issues facing health research today.
- Professor Anne Glover, Chief Scientific Advisor to the President of the European Commission
- Dr Ángeles Rodriquez-Peña, Head of COST-European Co-operation in Science and Technology, Committee of Senior Officials
- Carl Schlyter, MEP and Vice Chair of the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Professor Dr Marleen Temmerman, Director of the Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organisation, Geneva
- Dr Robert Thirsk, Vice-President, Government and Institute Affairs - Canadian Institute of Health Research
Recognising the importance of this conference Màire Geoghegan-Quinn, European Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science said: "The World Research and Innovation Congress aims to bring together key stakeholders in healthcare research to discuss the most important issues impacting our efforts to address the ‘Grand Challenges' of tomorrow."
Màire added: "The importance of collaborating internationally to address these Grand Challenges cannot be understated. Realising the efficacy of such partnerships relies upon the communication and sharing of results, plans, resources and lessons learned by all international stakeholders - from funders to policy makers, to industry and academia.
I very much look forward to hearing the outcomes of the discussion, dialogue and presentations, which I hope will contribute to the positive development of healthcare research worldwide."
During the event International research agencies will share with delegates their strategies for future healthcare research alongside available funding and how healthcare professionals can access this funding. Research agencies will also be available for discussions and delegates will have the opportunity to influences their funding plans.
For more information about the conference please go to: www.worldresearchcongress.com