|By ACN Newswire||
|March 5, 2013 12:45 AM EST||
- Securities daily average value (SDAV) was 2% lower year-on-year at $1.8 billion and flat month-on-month.
- Total value traded was down 16% year-on-year and 20% month-on-month to $31.7 billion due to 18 trading days in February 2013 because of Chinese New Year versus 21 in February 2012.
- Exchange traded funds turnover declined 21% year-on-year and 2.6% month-on-month to $331 million.
- Value of bond listings declined 25% year-on-year and 38% month-on-month to $12 billion. The largest bond listing in February was the US$1 billion 5% notes issued by MCE Finance Limited.
- Derivatives daily average volume (DDAV) grew 59% year-on-year and 11% month-on-month to a third straight record one-month high of 512,551 contracts.
- Volume in February 2013 was up 32% year-on-year and down 7% month-on-month to 8.67 million contracts.
- Open interest reached a new record high of 3.14 million contracts on 26 February.
- Equity index futures volume grew 26% year-on-year and declined 10% month-on-month to 7.75 million contracts.
- Equity index options volume more than doubled year-on-year to 816,433 contracts, driven by growth in the Nikkei 225 Index Options. On a month-on-month basis, it was up 26%.
- Open interest on equity index options more than tripled year-on-year to 1.68 million contracts at the end of February. This was 17% higher month-on-month. Open interest on equity index futures increased 33% year-on-year and decreased 7% month-on-month to 1.26 million contracts at the end of February.
- Volume of commodity swaps cleared grew 48% year-on-year and declined 7% month-on-month to 36,127 contracts. Volume of iron ore swaps cleared almost tripled year-on-year to 32,132 contracts. This was 5% lower month-on-month.
- SICOM rubber futures trading grew 12% year-on-year and decreased 8% month-on-month to 24,360 contracts.
OTC Financial Derivatives Clearing
- OTC interest rate swaps cleared in February was S$6.2 billion, up 23% year-on-year. Compared to January, it is down 5% due to a shorter work month.
SGX Monthly Market Statistics February 2013
Jan 2013 Feb 2013
Number of Trading Days (Securities) 22 18
Securities Market Turnover Volume (mil shares) 104,841 109,281
Securities Market Turnover Value ($million) 39,609 31,715
Securities Daily Average ($million) 1,800 1,762
Derivatives Volume 9,359,516 8,670,685
Derivatives Daily Average Volume 463,561 512,551
Total Number of Listed Securities 776 772
Total Market Capitalisation ($million) 985,803 973,803
About Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is the Asian Gateway, connecting investors in search of Asian growth to corporate issuers in search of global capital. SGX represents the premier access point for managing Asian capital and investment exposure, and is Asia's most internationalised exchange with more than 40% of companies listed on SGX originating outside of Singapore. SGX offers its clients the world's biggest offshore market for Asian equity futures market, centred on Asia's three largest economies - China, India and Japan.
In addition to offering a fully integrated value chain from trading and clearing, to settlement and depository services, SGX is also Asia's pioneering central clearing house. Headquartered in Asia's most globalised city, and centred within the AAA strength and stability of Singapore's island nation, SGX is a peerless Asian counterparty for the clearing of financial and commodity products. For more information, please visit www.sgx.com .
Source: Singapore Exchange (SGX)
Loh Wei Ling Communications Tel: 65 6236 8157 Email: email@example.com Carolyn Lim Communications Tel: 65 6236 8139 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.