|By Business Wire||
|March 8, 2013 05:05 AM EST||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Microwave Equipment report, which analyzes time-division multiplexing (TDM), Ethernet, and dual Ethernet/TDM microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, architecture, and line of sight.
“The microwave equipment market ended 2012 tamely,” reports Richard Webb, directing analyst for microwave and carrier WiFi at Infonetics Research. “The expected year-end boost to quarterly revenues did not materialize, as price erosion and capex conservation combined to deliver a seasonally countertrend 4th quarter dip.”
“We expect the market trough to hang around a little while longer before renewed growth begins in late 2013,” Webb continues. “And by 2017, Infonetics forecasts the microwave equipment market to reach $5.2 billion, powered by the continuing demand for backhaul capacity at macrocell sites.”
MICROWAVE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global microwave equipment market totaled $1.2 billion in 4Q12, down 3% from 3Q12, and down 12% from the year-ago 4th quarter (4Q11)
- Microwave equipment spending declined 10% worldwide for the full year 2012
- Showing evidence of the continuing shift to all-packet microwave, Ethernet-only equipment accounted for 14.2% of all units shipped in 4Q12
- Ericsson, Huawei, and NEC held steady at the top of the microwave equipment revenue leaderboard in 4Q12, though #4 Alcatel-Lucent closed the gap on NEC significantly, pulling to within a hair’s breadth
- Meanwhile, Aviat Networks leapfrogged Ceragon to move into the #5 spot in 4Q12, cracking the top 5 for the 1st time
- Alcatel-Lucent continues to lead the all-packet segment, accounting for half of all revenue
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: View Richard Webb’s 4Q12 and year-end microwave equipment market recap on demand. Log in to http://bit.ly/10mmjD3 for password.
Infonetics' quarterly microwave equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts, analysis, and trends for Ethernet, TDM, and hybrid microwave equipment by spectrum, capacity, form factor, architecture, and line of sight. Companies tracked include Alcatel-Lucent, Aviat Networks, Ceragon, DragonWave, ECI Telecom, Ericsson, Exalt, Huawei, Intracom, NEC, Nokia Siemens Networks, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Latest Infonetics Microwave - Backhaul - Small Cells research brief: http://bit.ly/13J7dIt
- Femtocells up 66% in final quarter of 2012; big 2013 expected as 4G femtos ramp
- Small cell operators face myriad operational and financial challenges
- Outdoor small cell backhaul a 5-year $5 billion opportunity
- $44 billion to be spent over 5 years on mobile backhaul gear
- Femtocells offer opportunity to put the mobile network at the heart of the home network
UPCOMING MARKET SHARE/FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
- 4Q12 3G and 4G Mobile Broadband Devices and Subscribers
- Carrier WiFi Equipment
- Carrier WiFi Offload and Hotspot Strategies and Vendor Leadership Survey
- Macrocell Mobile Backhaul Equipment and Services
- Millimeter Wave Equipment
- Small Cell Equipment
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network (View on demand)
- Scaling Small Cell Backhaul (View on demand)
- Small Cells Reality Check (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.