|By Business Wire||
|March 21, 2013 06:00 AM EDT||
Z2, creators of console-quality free-to-play mobile games such as Battle Nations™, Trade Nations™, and MetalStorm: Online ™, today announced the immediate availability of Nitro, the first ever multiplayer racing game from the company, available exclusively on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Nitro is free-to-play with additional content available through in-game currency that can be earned through gameplay or obtained via In-App Purchase.
In Nitro, players test their limits by joining adrenaline junkies worldwide to be a part of Nitro's racing league. They’ll compete to be among the elite, as they speed through 8 thrilling tracks in 16 stylish, highly upgradable and customizable cars as they challenge their friends in Game Center powered head-to-head and multiplayer races. With the ability to drive a wide variety of distinctive, stylized cars, Nitro offers players the ability to upgrade and enhance their cars to peak performance and style with custom paint and decals. And with bonus speed boosts for skilled execution, players can boost their way through the visually unique and challenging racetracks, collecting cash and materials to purchase and upgrade cars.
“Nitro is an all-new fast-paced free-to-play game unlike anything Z2 has done before,” said Adam Flanders, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Z2. “Our players have been asking for a game like Nitro and we stepped up to the challenge. Gamers are sure to derive endless hours of fun from the game.”
Nitro features include:
- Drive up to 16 distinctive, stylized cars
- Use Nitrous to boost your way through 8 visually unique and challenging tracks
- Race up to 5 live opponents with Game Center
- Challenge your Friends in Head-to-Head races
- Beat your own record in Time Trial Mode
- Compete against some of the top drivers in the Nitro world, as you take on Rivals in the Rival Circuit
- Drift around tight turns and earn a bonus Speed Boost for skilled execution
- Upgrade your car by building and installing parts, pushing your vehicle to peak performance
- Collect cash and materials to purchase and upgrade your cars, paint jobs, and more
The Nitro App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com.
Z2 creates console-quality free-to-play mobile games with epic storylines that appeal to global audiences. Based in Seattle, Washington, Z2 was founded in 2009 and has grown to a staff of more than 150 people in Seattle and Vancouver, B.C. Its first three titles, Battle Nations, Trade Nations and MetalStorm: Online have been played by more than 50 million people worldwide on smartphone and tablet devices and have generated nearly 3 billion gameplay sessions. Visit www.z2.com to learn more or follow us on Twitter @Z2.
Nitro, Battle Nations, Trade Nations and MetalStorm: Online are trademarks of Z2.