|By Business Wire||
|March 22, 2013 01:30 PM EDT||
ShopVisible, the leader in agile commerce solutions, today announced the initial release of the Influence & Impact Report, a quarterly index report that outlines dozens of key e-commerce trends and findings drawn from the company’s extensive database of e-commerce transactions across multiple channels. The ShopVisible database includes a cross-section of retailers, brands and manufacturers in product categories ranging from consumer electronics, apparel, cosmetics, home furnishings and office supplies to business-to-business sellers in medical research, health care, industrial electronics and more.
The Influence & Impact report offers a concise, data driven view that shed light on how actual buyers are shopping and how different mediums, channels, and buying activities influence and impact one another. In addition to data points and trends, the Influence & Impact report offers thorough analysis of and insight into the numbers. Key findings include:
Traffic and transactions
- More than 25 percent of the e-commerce traffic originated from mobile devices.
- Transactions taking place on mobile devices show a resounding preference for alternative payment options such as Amazon Payment and PayPal, versus using a traditional credit card checkout process.
- Despite its relatively low share of the global mobile market, Apple operating system (iOS) accounted for more than 75 percent of mobile transactions (50.03 percent iPhone; 26.5 percent iPad). Android devices accounted for 17.1 percent of transactions. BlackBerry devices accounted for 1.24 percent of transactions.
Mobile payments and payment methods
- Traditional credit cards were used to complete 22 percent of mobile transactions, compared with 62 percent of Web transactions.
- 78 percent of mobile transactions were completed using alternative payment methods such as Amazon Payments (32 percent) and PayPal (46 percent), compared with 38 percent of Web transactions.
- Average order values for transactions completed using PayPal increased 300 percent year-over-year in November and December 2012.
- Transactions completed with PayPal grew 4.26 percent, while Amazon and Google Checkout both declined, by 7.8 percent and 44.8 percent, respectively.
- Sales during the five-day period from Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday represented almost double that of any other five-day period in the remainder of the holiday sales season through Christmas.
- The period between August and October now begins the upward climb in order counts.
“The Influence & Impact Report is a natural byproduct of the real-world, transaction-based data we process and store every day,” said Sean Cook, CEO, ShopVisible. “As the commerce market continues to expand across an increasingly diverse array of devices, it’s imperative that retailers understand the habits of their customers in order to remain competitive. Information related to spending, payment methods and device use habits is immensely valuable to online retailers of all shapes and sizes.”
The complete ShopVisible 2013 Q1 Influence & Impact, which includes the data listed above, additional data, complete analysis and charts, is available for download at http://www.shopvisible.com/resources/Influence-Impact-ShopVisible-Research.asp
The 2012 recipient of the SIIA CODiE award for Best Electronic Commerce Solution, ShopVisible is an end-to-end SaaS commerce platform that powers the shopping experiences of today. Whether your customer is an individual consumer or a business, we power the commerce sites that enable them to buy from you. Reach your customers online, on their mobile devices or through popular channels like Amazon and eBay. ShopVisible also enables your back office management including orders, inventory, channel, content management and more. With our APIs, the ShopVisible commerce platform is extensible and easily integrates to 3rd party systems such as fulfillment, ERP, PIM, and other platforms that are core to your business. ShopVisible helps brands and businesses to attract and retain the new connected customer and is the chosen platform for companies like London Fog, Tempur-Pedic, Office Depot Canada, Plow & Hearth and MovieMars. Learn more at www.shopvisible.com.