|By Business Wire||
|April 22, 2013 02:26 PM EDT||
Keeping track of Business Card receipts is now as easy as taking a picture. American Express OPEN today announced the launch of ReceiptMatchSM (open.com/receiptmatch), a new feature included as a part of every Business Card from American Express OPEN that matches images of Business Card receipts to transactions to their online - statements.
ReceiptMatch from American Express OPEN (Photo: Business Wire)
Small business owners and their employees no longer have to sort through piles of receipts, manually reconcile them with charges on their statement or rely on hand written notes. With ReceiptMatch, all that is required is taking a picture of a Business Card receipt with an iPhone or Android phone and the app matches the receipt image to the appropriate line item in the business’ online statement, including any additional notes typed in. In addition to the mobile app, Business Cardmembers can also have receipts matched to their statement by emailing them to [email protected].
“Our small business customers rely on their Business Cards for a greater portion of their business expenses and want a Card that seamlessly integrates into their business operations,” said Doug Tabish, vice president, American Express OPEN Small Business Charge Cards. “ReceiptMatch offers concise back-office support and is the only expense management solution that gives business owners the ability to match each Business Card receipt to their American Express OPEN Card statement.”
ReceiptMatch is built to make it simple and easy to manage your Business Card receipts. Here is how it works:
Send your receipt: American
Express OPEN Cardmembers send receipts from their Business Card
purchases to ReceiptMatch in any of these three ways:
- snap a photo with the mobile app,
- forward a receipt over email to [email protected], or
- upload stored receipts from a computer;
- Match: ReceiptMatch matches receipts to transactions online by scanning the receipt for information like the purchase date, amount, and merchant name;
- Easy to Manage: Small business owners and employees can view and print stored receipt images and transaction details from their online statement.
One of Many Built-in Smart Expense Management Features for Business Cardmembers of American Express OPEN
ReceiptMatch is the latest feature for small business owners with a Business Card from American Express OPEN, such as The Business Gold Rewards Card, The Plum Card®, and The Business Platinum Card. Some of the built-in benefits to Cardmembers include:
- Spending Limits and Alerts: Customizable spending limits on employee cards and expense tracking gives business owners greater control and peace of mind over expenditures - when a card reaches its threshold, businesses receive an alert via text or e-mail.
- Account Manager: Allow trusted individuals – like an assistant or business partner – to access and manage the Business Card account to review statements and make payments.
- Year End Summary: Cardmembers can track business expenses, in one location, and get a snapshot analysis of the past year’s purchases by predetermined categories to prepare for tax time.
- Download Activity: Download your current and historical Card transactions to help you manage your business expenses in accounting solutions like QuickBooks, Quicken and Microsoft Money.
For more information on ReceiptMatch please visit: open.com/receiptmatch
About American Express OPEN®
American Express OPEN is the leading payment card issuer for small businesses in the United States and supports business owners and entrepreneurs with products and services to help them run and grow their businesses. This includes business charge and credit cards that deliver purchasing power, flexibility, rewards, savings on business services from an expanded lineup of partners and online tools and services designed to help improve profitability.
Learn more at www.OPEN.com and connect with us at openforum.com, facebook.com/Open, facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday, twitter.com/OPENForum, twitter.com/shopsmall and linkedin.com/company/american_express_open.
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Key links to products and services: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, business travel, and corporate card