|By PR Newswire||
|April 23, 2013 11:00 AM EDT||
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding its low-cost microcontroller (MCU) development ecosystem with sensor fusion technology, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the Sensor Hub BoosterPack for the Tiva™ C Series TM4C123G LaunchPad at DESIGN West 2013. This new Sensor Hub BoosterPack (BOOSTXL-SENSHUB) is a cost-effective, plug-in daughter card that allows ARM® Cortex™-M4 MCU developers to create products with up to seven types of motion and environmental sensing capabilities. This easy-to-use BoosterPack and accompanying TivaWare™ software enables measurement of pressure, humidity, ambient and infrared (IR) light along with temperature and motion (including acceleration, orientation and compass). Developers can use the BOOSTXL-SENSHUB board to create many sensor fusion applications, including global positioning system (GPS) tracking, home and building automation, portable consumer electronics, games and many more applications.
The BOOSTXL-SENSHUB BoosterPack can leverage the advanced processing, floating-point and communication capabilities of TI's Tiva C Series TM4C123GH6 ARM Cortex-M4 MCU for enhanced sensor accuracy. TI's TivaWare software, provided with the LaunchPad kit, includes an easy-to-use Sensor Driver Library, providing developers with a sensor fusion API and several example applications that demonstrate how each of the sensors operate individually or in collaboration. The 'Air Mouse' is an example of a sensor fusion application that can be used to kick start design ideas and innovation for other multi-sensor applications. The BOOSTXL-SENSHUB can also be bundled with TI's connectivity solutions, enabling developers to "cut the cords" and create wireless sensing applications.
Similarly, TivaWare software also includes the Peripheral Driver Library to configure and operate the on-chip peripherals with a set of example applications. These applications demonstrate the capabilities of the Tiva TM4C123GH6 MCU, as well as provide a starting point for users to develop the final application for use on the Tiva C Series LaunchPad and BOOSTXL-SENSHUB BoosterPack
Features and benefits of the BOOSTXL-SENSHUB kit:
- Hardware compatible with existing MSP430™ (MSP-EXP430G2) and C2000™ (LAUNCHXL-F28027) LaunchPads, allowing developers to evaluate sensor functionalities on TI-developed MCU platforms.
- Optional RF extension module (EM) adaptor enables Bluetooth®, ZigBee®, Wi-Fi and 6LoWPAN connectivity for wireless and remote sensing applications.
- TI's TMP006 contactless IR temperature sensor provides accurate temperature measurements for the object it sees.
- Includes BoosterPack XL connection standard with two pairs of 10-pin headers for LaunchPad interface and additional Tiva C Series-based expansion signals.
- Variety of tool chains supported, including TI's Code Composer Studio v.6, so developers can design in the most integrated development environment (IDE) with which they are most comfortable.
Pricing and availability
Developers can immediately order the TI Sensor Hub BoosterPack (BOOSTXL-SENSHUB) for USD $49.99 from TI's eStore or authorized distributors. For a limited time only, an exclusive bundle for the Tiva C Series TM4C123G LaunchPad and Sensor Hub BoosterPack is available for the promotional price of USD $49.99 (regular price: USD $59.99) on the eStore only.
Find out more about TI's Tiva ARM MCUs, LaunchPad ecosystem and software:
- TI's low-cost and easy-to-use MCU LaunchPad ecosystem: www.ti.com/launchpad
- Check out the Sensor Hub BoosterPack video: www.ti.com/shbp-pr-vid
- Ask questions and help solve problems in the Tiva C Series forum on the TI E2E™ Community: www.ti.com/shbp-pr-e2e
- TI eStore: www.ti.com/estore
- Make the Switch to TI MCUs: www.ti.com/maketheswitch
- Follow TI MCUs on Facebook: www.facebook.com/timicrocontrollers
TI's broad portfolio of microcontrollers (MCUs) and software
Leading the industry in MCUs for low-power, real-time control, safety and connectivity, TI continues its 20+ years of microcontroller innovation to offer the broadest microcontroller portfolio in the industry: Ultra-low-power MSP MCUs, real-time control C2000™ MCUs, Tiva™ ARM® MCUs and Hercules™ Safety ARM MCUs. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's tools, software, wireless connectivity solutions, extensive Design Network offerings and technical support.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Tiva, TivaWare, MSP430, C2000 and Hercules are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated