|By Business Wire||
|May 7, 2013 08:31 AM EDT||
Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) announced that Steven Wilhite, a business leader and marketing executive with more than 25 years of experience building global brands, has been named chief marketing officer and executive vice president. Steve will be responsible for all global marketing activities for the company, the leading provider of cloud-based solutions for the life sciences industry.
- “The founders and executive leadership team at Medidata Solutions have developed an innovative technology company committed to building client business success,” said Wilhite. “I’m excited about the business model and looking forward to working with the team, helping Medidata clearly define the brand while enhancing its market reach and presence. As the company continues to grow, it has the potential to transform business performance in life sciences with industry-leading products and services.”
Before joining Medidata Solutions, Steve held senior marketing and executive leadership roles at a number of premier global brands, including Apple, Volkswagen, Nissan and Hyundai. He also served as CEO of Jumpstart Automotive Group.
- “Steve has a long track record of building strong, clearly defined brands and achieving excellent business results. We’re delighted to welcome him to our team,” said Tarek Sherif, chairman and CEO, Medidata Solutions. “Our market is at an inflection point in adopting Medidata’s platform, and Steve’s insights and expertise will be invaluable as we grow our business to help the life sciences industry meet their challenges.”
Steve holds a BA in psychology from Stanford University and an MBA in marketing and accounting from the University of California, Berkeley.
Connect with Medidata:
- Tweet this: Steve Wilhite appointed as @Medidata CMO, adds global marketing depth to leadership team http://bit.ly/Zt7lWe
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
About Medidata Solutions
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of clients’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, including more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.