|By Business Wire||
|May 8, 2013 08:03 AM EDT||
Nexant announced today that Marcos Nogueira Cesar has been appointed Vice President of Global Products for the company’s consulting operation. Most recently, he was Vice President of Chemical Industry Research and Senior Director, Global Product Management for Chemicals at IHS, a major industry data provider. He previously served as Global Director of Business Development and Vice President, Latin American Operations at SRI Consulting.
Cesar’s knowledge, contacts, and experience in the energy and chemicals industries supports Nexant’s expanding industry subscription services, which include the following key programs:
- Petroleum and Petrochemical Economics (PPE)—for over 25 years, PPE has covered global markets, pricing, and profitability for fuels and major petrochemicals
- Process Economics and Research Planning (PERP)—for over 40 years, PERP has been the industry-standard source of process and economic evaluations of fuel and chemical technologies
- Training—Nexant’s industry courses in petrochemicals, polymers, and renewables are renowned throughout the global energy and petrochemicals sectors
- PolyOlefins Planning Services Program (POPS)—the benchmark source for in-depth analysis of commercial and technology trends in polyethylene and polypropylene
- Strategic Business Analysis (SBA)—comprehensive reviews of the fundamental business drivers, market dynamics, and cost competitiveness of key sectors of the chemical industry
“Nexant is well known within the global fuels and petrochemical industries for developing and delivering effective solutions that leverage our in-house experience, industry knowledge, and methodologies,” said Bruce Burke, Nexant Senior Vice President. “Having Marcos on board will drive growth in a critical area of our business—subscription services—and will strengthen and accelerate the development of new product offerings.”
Nexant specializes in a broad range of advisory services to the global energy and chemicals sectors, including feasibility studies, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic planning. Nexant offers a comprehensive suite of best-in-class energy enterprise software designed to transform utility business processes and implement smart grid and energy conservation initiatives. Over the last decade, it has developed and commercialized technology solutions—such as iEnergyTM, GRID360TM, iHEDGE®, and RevenueManager®—enabling utilities, power producers, and retailers to operate and deploy new technologies and applications in the emerging grid. Operating from 32 offices in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa, the company's team of industry professionals has completed more than 3,000 client assignments in over 100 countries, and its software operates in over 120 control centers at utilities worldwide. Its clients include major utilities, transmission and distribution system operators, chemical and petroleum majors, financial institutions, government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.