|By Marketwired .||
|May 14, 2013 02:00 AM EDT||
NICE, FRANCE -- (Marketwired) -- 05/14/13 -- TM FORUM MANAGEMENT WORLD -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
SaskTel implemented a comprehensive suite of Oracle solutions to support an enhanced cross-channel customer experience and improve service offer design and order delivery for its digital TV, Internet, phone and next-generation service offerings. With Oracle support, SaskTel transformed its business support system (BSS) environment to help increase customer loyalty and reduce churn.
- Today, Oracle announced that SaskTel -- a leading full service communications service provider (CSP) in Canada's Saskatchewan province -- has implemented Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution and Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution to help provide a consistent customer experience.
- Facing increased competition from traditional and non-traditional CSPs, SaskTel sought to increase customer loyalty by enhancing its cross-channel customer experience, simplifying its business processes and streamlining sales to reduce order fallout.
- SaskTel transformed its BSS environment to improve the customer experience and reduce churn with the support of Oracle Communications Unified CRM and BRM Solution, which helped remove redundancies in its IT environment to reduce sales order capture complexity and create a uniform sales order process. Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution also helped enhance the overall customer experience by reducing order fallout and enabling greater operational efficiency for billing and service provisioning.
- With the comprehensive suite of TM Forum-certified Oracle solutions, SaskTel can:
- Streamline order and service management through a single touch order capture process, increasing its ability to handle large order volumes, reducing order fallout and improving the customer experience
- Enable detailed upfront credit checks to help simplify the order process
- Ensure customer data accuracy across channels with streamlined and integrated solutions
- Enhance ability to provision Internet, voice and next-generation data services while also adding robust rating, charging and revenue management capabilities to help increase cross- and up-sell opportunities
- Improve supply chain management capabilities to more quickly deliver products and services to customers and enhance the customer experience
- SaskTel also plans to implement Oracle ATG Web Commerce to further enhance the customer experience by providing consistent product, pricing and promotional messaging across assisted and self-service channels.
- SaskTel and Oracle will be in booth 31 at TM Forum Management World in Nice to discuss the implementation process and SaskTel's enhanced service creation, order delivery and customer experience environment.
- "The combination of Oracle solutions in CRM, order management and billing coupled with a disciplined approach to business simplification has dramatically transformed our customer experience. Our sales team can now, more than ever, focus on the customer without worrying about system and process complexities. Importantly, our customers get what they want much quicker, which is what this is really all about," said John Hill, chief information officer, SaskTel.
- "Oracle is focused on helping CSPs maximize customer value through unified solutions to support end-to-end order and customer lifecycle management. We are pleased to help SaskTel differentiate itself from competitors, increase customer focus and enhance TV, voice, Internet and next-generation service offerings through a streamlined and integrated BSS environment," said Bhaskar Gorti, vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
- Oracle Communications
- Oracle Communications Unified Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Solution
- Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution
- Oracle ATG Web Commerce
- Oracle Communications on YouTube
- Oracle Communications on Diigo
- Oracle Communications on Facebook
- Oracle Communications on Twitter
- Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Fundamentally, SDN is still mostly about network plumbing. While plumbing may be useful to tinker with, what you can do with your plumbing is far more intriguing. A rigid interpretation of SDN confines it to Layers 2 and 3, and that's reasonable. But SDN opens opportunities for novel constructions in Layers 4 to 7 that solve real operational problems in data centers. "Data center," in fact, might become anachronistic - data is everywhere, constantly on the move, seemingly always overflowing. Net...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 2,148
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrateg...
Dec. 28, 2014 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,825
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 28, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,835
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,992
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,926
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,871
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,421
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 28, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 7,201
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,047
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,157
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,215
"SAP had made a big transition into the cloud as we believe it has significant value for our customers, drives innovation and is easy to consume. When you look at the SAP portfolio, SAP HANA is the underlying platform and it powers all of our platforms and all of our analytics," explained Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce at SAP, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,030
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Dec. 28, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,221
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Dec. 28, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,507
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the ...
Dec. 28, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,944