|By Marketwired .||
|June 13, 2013 04:05 PM EDT||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 06/13/13 -- Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the results of industry analyst firm Enterprise Strategy Group's (ESG) evaluation of Quantum's DXi6800 deduplication and backup appliance and related data protection offerings. ESG Lab's testing demonstrated market-leading performance, scalability and security for backup and disaster recovery (DR). The tests also illustrated how the DXi6800 works with other elements of Quantum's comprehensive data protection portfolio to meet customers' needs across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Leading Performance: Quantum's DXi6802 sustains the same 11.9 TB per hour of multithreaded enterprise backup throughput, both in a fully configured system and with an entry level configuration, while using inline deduplication to reduce the amount of data stored on disk.
- Rich Monitoring and Reporting: Quantum Vision provides enhanced monitoring and reporting on capacity utilization, resulting in deduplication savings, and on backup and replication performance over time, as well as a single point of management for Quantum disk and tape infrastructure.
- Innovative and Extensible Architecture: The StorNext® file system's intelligent metadata management, storage optimized for balanced performance, data integrity checking, and Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP) technology all work together to improve availability and performance simultaneously.
- Cloud-Efficient and Ready: The DXi6800 works with Quantum Q-Cloud, which enables organizations to leverage a cloud-based data protection and DR service that uses Quantum deduplicated replication to optimize offsite protection and recovery.
- Protection for Virtual Environments: Quantum vmPRO software seamlessly protects heterogeneous virtual machines in branch and remote offices and replicates their backups to a DXi6800 in a central data center. By protecting data in its native file format, vmPRO offers notably high restore performance.
- Holistic End-to-End Data Protection: Quantum's N-Tier architecture enables organizations to extend retention periods, leveraging the right combination of technologies to house data on storage matched to the data's value over time.
- Simple, Affordable Scalability: The DXi6800's "pay-as-you-grow" approach to capacity licensing enables organizations to leverage the full performance of the platform while paying for only the capacity they need.
- DR-Optimized: ESG Lab found that the DXi6800 supports and integrates with Symantec NetBackup AIR (Auto Image Replication), which can reduce the time needed to return to business in the event of a disaster and improve restore service level agreements by tightening recovery time objectives (RTOs).
- Tony Palmer, senior ESG Lab analyst: "With the DXi6800, Quantum has once again produced an impressive solution to protect data in physical and virtual data centers of any size, setting a new standard for flexible, robust and high performance data protection."
- Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum: "Yet another third party affirms Quantum's industry leadership in driving overall technical excellence and value for data protection, while vendors like EMC and Symantec are seemingly content to sell dated solutions to a captive base. Customers aren't fooled -- they are placing greater value on a comprehensive approach to data protection, and ESG Lab's observations on the DXi6800's capabilities show that it perfectly fits this trend."
- For a copy of ESG's report summary, "Delivering Performance, Scale and Security for Backup and Disaster Recovery," visit: www.quantum.com/dxi6800esg
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, including additional perspective on ESG's testing, visit: http://blog.quantum.com
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
Quantum is a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they're able to adapt in a changing world -- keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain, DXi, Q-Cloud, Quantum Vision, Quantum vmPRO and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum's products and solutions, including Quantum's DXi6800 appliances and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products and solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 8, 2013 and Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2012. Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.