|By Marketwired .||
|August 8, 2013 04:25 PM EDT||
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/08/13 -- IDG Enterprise -- the media company comprising Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, CIO Executive Council, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld -- earned 23 editorial and design awards in categories from digital magazine and feature article to cover design in the 2013 Azbee awards from the American Society of Business Press Editors (ASBPE). For the second year, CIO magazine was named one of the Top 10 Magazines of the Year.
"Our IT readers are dealing with incredible change both in the emergence of powerful new technologies and in the business demands to embrace these technologies to drive new revenue and new customer capabilities," said John Gallant, chief content officer, IDG Enterprise. "Our editorial teams are embracing these trends, understanding the business benefits and challenges and sharing those findings with our IT leader audiences. We are extremely proud to be recognized by ASBPE for our editorial and design quality."
Each IDG Enterprise brand has a dedicated and talented team of writers, bloggers and designers that produce hundreds of original articles per site each month. Including this latest recognition from ASBPE, the IDG Enterprise brands have won more than 75 editorial awards since 2012, including awards for Best B2B Website by ASBPE and TABPI and Top 10 Magazine of the Year by ASBPE.
"It is imperative that IT leaders stay on top of their game with the evolution of the tech sector, and they turn to IDG Enterprise's brands for technology news, analysis and strategy. These latest awards recognize the importance we place on keeping our readers informed and engaged," said Michael Friedenberg, CEO, IDG Communications US. "As we continue to innovate in how we educate and engage our readers I am thrilled to work with such an elite editorial team."
2013 ASBPE Azbee Awards Recap
- Magazine of the Year (Top 10 - National)
- Feature Article: In-Depth Feature, More than 1,000 Words - "Fraud Happens" (Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: Solo Author - "Gambling on Startups" (Gold - Regional)
- Organizational Profile - "Big Data, Big Brother, Big Bucks" (Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: Impact/Investigative Feature - "The New Bottom Line on CIO Pay" (Bronze - Regional)
- Feature Article: In-Depth Feature, More than 1,000 Words - "Second Thoughts on Offshoring" (Bronze - Regional)
- Feature Article: Solo Author - "In Search of Simplicity" (Bronze - Regional)
- Feature Article: In-Depth Feature, More than 1,000 Words- "The Upside of Shadow IT" (Gold - National)
- Feature Article: Solo Author - "Women in IT: How Deep is the Bench?" (Gold - National)
- Front Cover: Illustration - The Cobol Brain Drain (Gold - National)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration - The Cobol Brain Drain (Gold - National)
- Web Database - "Salary Survey 2012" (Gold - National)
- Case History - "Integration in the Cloud" (Silver - National)
- Opening Page/Spread: Computer Generated - Global Gears (Silver - National)
- Digital Magazine - Computerworld's Digital Spotlights: Wrangling Your Mobile Devices and Getting the Most from the Cloud (Bronze - National)
- Technical Article - "The New Rules of Cyberwar" (Bronze - National)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration - Show Me Your Skills (Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: Group Effort - "IT Skills: Jumping the Chasm" (Silver - Regional)
- Front Cover: Computer Generated - A Creative Solution (Silver - Regional)
- Publication Redesign (Gold - Regional)
- Digital Magazine - Network World Digital eDition (Silver - National)
- Opening Page/Spread: Illustration - "Be a Hero for the Holidays" (Bronze - National)
- Opening Page/Spread: Computer Generated - Virtual Reality More Virtual than Real (Gold - Regional)
- Feature Article: In-Depth Feature, More than 1,000 Words - "Gamification of the Enterprise" (Silver - Regional)
- Special Section - Infrastructure as a Service: Momentum Building Slowly (Bronze - Regional)
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, CSO, ITworld, CFOworld and CITEworld) to serve the information needs of our technology and security-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we leverage the strengths of our premium owned and operated brands, while simultaneously harnessing their collective reach and audience affinity. We provide market leadership and converged marketing solutions for our customers to engage IT and security decision-makers across our portfolio of award-winning websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council -- a peer advisory service -- delivers on the business, technology, and leadership needs for the world's elite CIOs and their respective staffs. IDG's DEMO conferences provide a platform for today's most innovative and eye-opening technologies to publically launch their solutions.
Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.