|By Business Wire||
|August 9, 2013 09:46 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/srp3k6/telecom_industry) has announced the addition of the "Telecom Industry in Iraq - Forecast, Opportunities & Trends 2013-2017" report to their offering.
The telecom industry in Iraq has undergone many changes in recent years. There are three mobile network operators in Iraq at present, having licences to provide mobile services throughout the country. There is only one major fixed line telecom provider, ITPC, which is state-owned and while competition in the fixed line sector is increasing, ITPC still remains the market leader.
Until the US-led invasion of Iraq, there was hardly any internet access within the country, and what little was there, was controlled strictly. Since 2003 however, internet usage has become common in the country and ISP provider Uruklink.net is the major player in the market, though it has started facing competition from other ISPs as well.
In this industry scenario, this report analyzes the Iraqi telecom sector in its research report Telecom Industry in Iraq and covers the following:
- An analysis of the global telecom industry through an industry definition, industry statistics, industry value & volume analysis, industry segmentation, and a look at the competition in the global telecom industry. This report include an industry forecast for the years 2013-2017.
- An in-depth analysis of the major global telecom players such as AT&T Inc, Deutsche Telekom, and others. Each player is analyzed through a company overview, analysis of their businesses, a financial analysis and a SWOT analysis.
- Moving on to the analysis of the Telecom Industry in Iraq, we analyze the industry starting with an overview of the business conditions in Iraq for the telecom sector. We include an ARPU analysis of the Iraqi telecom sector, along with an overview of the mobile services sector in Iraq, fixed line telecom sector in Iraq and an overview of broadband services in Iraq.
- An analysis of the mobile telecom sector in Iraq is carried out through the analysis of industry statistics, the growth in the market, ARPU analysis of this sector, the expansion and development of the mobile network in the country, the launch of 3G services in the country, the growing role of mobile content and VAS facilities in the market, and the statistics of the major players in the mobile services sector in Iraq. An outlook for the sector is also included.
- We then perform a SWOT analysis on the mobile services sector in Iraq.
- Fixed line telecom market in Iraq is analyzed through industry statistics, subscriber data, and an analysis of the major players and their market statistics.
- A SWOT analysis of the wireline telecom sector in Iraq is included.
- An analysis of the broadband market in Iraq looks at industry statistics, industry growth and development trends, the potential of WiMAX, and several other factors.
- Regulatory framework governing the telecom sector in Iraq is analyzed.
- Major industry vendors and players are analyzed through a company overview, analysis of their mobile services, analysis of their network, company strategy, company financials, a SWOT analysis, amongst others.
- AT&T Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Iraqi Telecommunication & Post Company (ITPC)
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT)
- Verizon Communications
- Zain Iraq
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/srp3k6/telecom_industry