|By Business Wire||
|August 13, 2013 08:00 AM EDT||
Aruba Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARUN), a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise, today announced the addition of seven new financial services apps to the Aruba WorkSpace Partner Program. The addition of these popular apps illustrates Aruba’s growing presence in the financial services market and expands the WorkSpace App Ecosystem, which helps financial services firms more easily and securely support Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and enhance worker productivity. The newly-added apps – AsdeqDocs, Calltrunk, Framehawk, Onvelop, PDF Expert Enterprise, WatchDox and Webalo – join financial services app SlideShark, already certified for Aruba WorkSpace in April 2013, in the Aruba WorkSpace Partner Program.
With the addition of these new apps into the Aruba WorkSpace App Ecosystem, financial services firms can now confidently deploy them as part of a BYOD initiative, since WorkSpace delivers the robust security and management capabilities required by this highly-regulated industry. Integrating the apps with Aruba WorkSpace, the only mobile device management (MDM) solution to include network access, security and mobile application management (MAM) for BYOD, enables financial services firms to distribute apps to mobile devices and control how they are used based on the user's role in the organization and context information such as time, location and motion.
Aruba WorkSpace adds strong encryption and enterprise-grade security to these apps, protecting data at rest on the device and data in motion over the network. Unlike other BYOD solutions, Aruba WorkSpace does not store encryption keys on the device, where they can be susceptible to security compromises. Instead, split-key encryption is used to ensure an application’s data can’t be maliciously accessed, even if the device is offline.
WorkSpace makes network security and intelligence available to the newly-certified financial apps. Using dynamic per-app VPNs, WorkSpace secures all data associated with the apps over the air and gives a consistent experience to users. In addition, organizations can set network priority for apps to ensure high bandwidth and low latency.
The eight financial services apps currently in the Aruba WorkSpace Partner Program deliver a range of benefits to enterprises, as follows:
- AsdeqDocs: An on-premise enterprise mobility content management solution that enables the secure, seamless and dynamic synchronization of corporate documents to Android and iOS tablets and smartphones. AsdeqDocs lets users securely access, edit, annotate and synchronize files from 18 leading document management solutions on mobile devices, while respecting the enterprise’s existing security and permissions.
- Calltrunk: Allows users to record mobile, landline and Skype recordings, saving all the recordings in one place and allowing them to search, in an instant, for the words that were actually spoken.
- Framehawk: Provides a software platform that enables secure, high-performance application delivery to mobile devices. With Framehawk, organizations can immediately use corporate- or employee-owned iPads and other tablets without risking data leakage or compromising user experience.
- Onvelop for Office 365 & Sharepoint: Provides a unified collaboration and communication suite that enables secure mobile access to enterprise server software such as Office 365, SharePoint and Lync from iOS and Android mobile devices.
- PDF Expert Enterprise: A document management system for the mobile era that helps organizations set up a paperless workflow on mobile devices, allowing companies to replace paper documents with iPads for a wide range of tasks, from board meetings to form filling and sales in the field.
- SlideShark: The leading app for viewing and showing PowerPoint presentations from the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. With SlideShark, mobile users can easily present PowerPoint slides the way they were meant to be seen—with animations, fonts, colors, graphics, hyperlinks and videos intact.
- WatchDox: Enables enterprises to securely sync, share and work with their files wherever they need to go – even on devices beyond IT control. With WatchDox, mobile users can access, annotate and edit their files with real Microsoft Office applications, from any device with a single, secure app.
- Webalo: Mobilizes enterprise applications and data in minutes at an infrastructure level to deliver secure bi-directional, transactional interactivity 100x faster and at a fraction of the cost of traditional mobile application development.
“Financial services firms are looking to capitalize on the productivity benefits that the BYOD trend offers, but they have stringent security and regulatory requirements that must be addressed first,” said Peter Cellarius, vice president of business development and partnerships, Aruba Networks. “In short, they must have a solid handle on the devices and applications connecting to their network. Combining Aruba WorkSpace with these popular financial services apps allows financial services firms to deliver all the productivity benefits of BYOD to their users without compromising the security of corporate applications and data that reside on employees’ personal mobile devices.”
To help financial services customers learn more about how Aruba WorkSpace can improve productivity in their environment, Aruba will conduct a six-part financial services webinar series. Each webinar in the series will highlight financial services apps in the WorkSpace App Ecosystem and show the value they can bring to mobile BYOD users. To view more information and register for the webinar series, visit http://page.arubanetworks.com/MDMWebinarSeriesSubscribe.html.
To learn more about Aruba WorkSpace, visit http://www.arubanetworks.com/solutions/bring-your-own-device.
To learn more about the Aruba WorkSpace Apps Program, visit http://www.arubanetworks.com/workspaceapps.
About Aruba Networks, Inc.
Aruba Networks is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. The company’s Mobile Virtual Enterprise (MOVE) architecture unifies wired and wireless network infrastructures into one seamless access solution for corporate headquarters, mobile business professionals, remote workers and guests. This unified approach to access networks enables IT organizations and users to securely address the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) phenomenon, dramatically improving productivity and lowering capital and operational costs.
Listed on the NASDAQ and Russell 2000® Index, Aruba is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has operations throughout the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions. To learn more, visit Aruba at http://www.arubanetworks.com. For real-time news updates follow Aruba on Twitter and Facebook, and for the latest technical discussions on mobility and Aruba products visit Airheads Social at http://community.arubanetworks.com.
© 2013 Aruba Networks, Inc. Aruba Networks’ trademarks include the design mark for AirWave, Aruba Networks®, Aruba Wireless Networks®, the registered Aruba the Mobile Edge Company logo, the registered AirWave logo, Aruba Mobility Management System®, Mobile Edge Architecture®, People Move. Networks Must Follow®, RFProtect®, Green Island®. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.