|By Marketwired .||
|August 13, 2013 12:05 PM EDT||
ACTON, MA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/13/13 -- Azuki Systems, a leader in over-the-top (OTT) video delivery to any screen over any network, today announced the integration of Azuki Media Platform, a next-generation dynamic video provisioning platform for TV service providers, with the new small form-factor "Android Stick" IP set-top box from LG Electronics.
The integrated solution is designed to help service providers deliver a cost-effective broadband HDTV service experience on any TV in the home, without requiring a large, traditional set-top box and the cost and inconvenience of a truck roll.
- The Azuki Media Platform and its client-based architecture turn the LG Android Stick into an interactive and portable device capable of receiving advanced TV Everywhere services including time-shifted linear TV, network DVR and transactional video-on-demand (VOD).
- With the integration of the LG Android Stick and the Azuki Media Platform, service providers can quickly, easily and cost-effectively:
- Deploy a dynamic service provisioning platform which can provide next generation TV Everywhere services directly to their subscribers' TVs.
- Enable convenient wireless delivery of over-the-top linear live and VOD services to any TV with an HDMI port, using 802.11ac, the next-generation Wi-Fi standard.
- Streamline service provider deployment by developing one application that works across all client operating systems and provides seamless integration with existing back-office systems for managing billing, entitlements, rights, transactional VOD, and preferences.
- Roll out Pay TV services by enabling self-installation and thus avoiding expensive truck-rolls.
- The LG Android Stick is part of LG Electronics' recently unveiled suite of smart set-top boxes, complementing LG's open Smart TV platforms and helping operators to satisfy their subscribers' whole home entertainment needs, now and in the future.
Kurt Hoppe, Director of Smart TV Innovation and New Business, LG Electronics USA
- "This integration further validates LG's decision to offer a portfolio of connected TV devices that enable flexible service provider virtual set-top box deployments. Service providers can now deliver a full suite of Pay TV services more quickly, simply and cost-effectively."
Bruce Lampert, VP of Business Development and Strategic Alliances, Azuki Systems
- "The powerful integration of the Azuki Media Platform with the LG Android Stick is designed to help service providers accelerate their transition to IP Video and deliver next-generation TV Everywhere services, including the ability to allow users to purchase TV content subscription once, and watch it anywhere."
About Azuki Systems
Azuki Systems is leading the video delivery revolution to any screen over any network. Azuki's solutions deliver rich, protected content to any device over any network, allowing service providers to take the complexity out of TV Everywhere (TVE) delivery. The Azuki Media Platform enables service providers, mobile operators and brand-name media to combine the power of over-the-top delivery with the highest quality of user experience, content protection, back-office integration and reliability. Founded in 2008 and based in Acton, Mass., Azuki is led by an executive team renowned for repeated success in launching disruptive technologies and scaling companies that have solved difficult technology challenges and provided their customers with a competitive edge. Visit www.azukisystems.com for more information.
For more information:
Director of Marketing at Azuki Systems