|By Marketwired .||
|August 13, 2013 12:47 PM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/13/13 -- The California Restaurant Association (CRA) is bringing its team of national, state, and local experts to the Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo to answer questions about preparing for the health care reform. This event will take place August 18-20 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
"The Obama Administration's Affordable Care Act will bring a lot of changes to the restaurant industry, and the CRA is committed to helping operators make sense of the new health care laws," explained Jot Condie, President of the California Restaurant Association. "Though some aspects of the law have been postponed to 2015, many operators are using 2014 to test options and get a better idea of how much coverage will cost. We're working to educate the industry so they have the tools they need to be ready for the changes."
Attendees can stop by the CRA's Health Care Hub anytime during the show at booth #525. Consultants and health care experts will offer 30-minute one-on-one consultations with operators. Those interested in making an appointment with a specialist in advance can call 855-544-2743 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-up appointments also are available at the booth throughout the show. The health care experts will include:
- Anthony Zaller, attorney with Van Vleck, Turner and Zaller
- Jean Hagen, restaurant consultant with Krost, Baumgarten, Kniss & Guerrero
- Kimberlee Vandervoorn, UnitedHealthCare
- Randy Spicer, National Restaurant Association
In addition, the following health care seminars will take place:
- Health Care Law: "What You Need to Know and What You Need to Do" - On August 18 from 12:45-1:30 PM, UnitedHealthCare will present this seminar led by Randy Spicer of the National Restaurant Association. It will be held in Theater 1.
- Panel: How Affordable is the Affordable Health Care Act? - On August 19 from 12:45-1:30 PM, this session will be led by Gregory Kniss of Krost, Baumgarten, Kniss & Guerrero. It will be held in Theater 2.
The 2013 Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is the largest showcase of foodservice products in the Western United States, and will be held Sunday, August 18 - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. The Show is produced and managed by Reed Exhibitions, and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association (www.calrest.org). For more information call (800) 840-5612 or visit www.westernfoodexpo.com.