|By Business Wire||
|August 15, 2013 10:20 AM EDT||
This A.M. BestTV episode wraps up day two events at the Vermont Captive Insurance Association annual conference in Burlington, Vt. Executives and state officials discuss whether more onshore domiciles is a plus or minus for the industry. Peter Mullen, chief executive officer of Aon Global Risk Consulting, said that he's concerned about the level of regulation that will go on in newer domiciles. Maria Sheffield, captive program manager at the Missouri Department of Insurance, said the infrastructure is important, and that “having a captive law doesn’t mean that you're prepared to regulate those entities.” N.J. Acting Chief of Captive Insurance John Talley believes that captive needs can be so distinct that domiciles will be able to distinguish themselves by catering to those certain needs. In addition, A.M. Best Senior Financial Analyst Fred Eslami speaks about A.M. Best's recent report on rated captives, and Business Development Manager Alan Kandel talks about some of the conference events, including sessions on cyber liability and health care. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=vciadaytwo813 to view the video program. Full conference coverage can be seen at http://www.ambest.com/vcia
People who appear in this episode include:
- Peter Mullen, Chief Executive Officer, Aon Global Risk Consulting;
- John Talley, Acting Chief of Captive Insurance, N.J. Department of Banking and Insurance;
- Maria Sheffield, Captive Program Manager, Mo. Department of Insurance;
- Fred Eslami, Senior Financial Analyst, A.M. Best Co.; and
- Alan Kandel, Business Development Manager, A.M. Best Co.
Full-length interviews are available as well. Go to http://www.ambest.com/vcia to see new interviews throughout the conference. Interviews conducted on day two include:
- Peter Mullen, Chief Executive Officer, Aon Global Risk Consulting: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=mullen813
- Frank Nutter, President, Reinsurance Association of America: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=nutter813
- Nancy Gray, Regional Managing Director - Americas , Aon Global Insurance Managers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=gray813
- Jeff Kehler, Program Manager, Alternative Risk Transfer Services, South Carolina Department of Insurance: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=kehler813
- Michael Corbett, Director, Captive Insurance, State of Tennessee: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=corbett813
- Ross Elliot, Captive Insurance Director, State of Utah: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=elliot813
- Dan Towle, Director of Financial Services , State of Vermont: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=towle813
- John Talley, Acting Chief of Captive Insurance, New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=talley813
A.M. BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best Co. information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M. BestTV episodes at www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best Company is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2013 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.