|By Business Wire||
|August 15, 2013 11:01 AM EDT||
StorMagic®, a leading provider of enterprise-class software-defined storage for virtual-server environments, today announced it will release version 5.1 of its flagship product SvSAN at VMworld® in San Francisco. Version 5.1 enables organizations to achieve branch office uptime and single-pane-of-glass data storage management across both vSphere® and Hyper-V® environments. It also adds new high availability feature sets and advanced monitoring capabilities.
Visitors to the StorMagic booth at VMworld, #441, will see representatives demonstrate SvSAN 5.1, with evaluation copies available for download from StorMagic's website after the event.
The new elements in SvSAN 5.1 include:
- Support for Microsoft® Hyper-V. SvSAN 5.1 now supports both vSphere and Hyper-V environments, and allows users to manage the entire environment from a single pane of glass. As more users deploy server virtualization for their branch offices and remote locations, this adds tremendous flexibility and makes the transition to a vSphere, Hyper-V or mixed environment easier and more efficient.
- Bare Metal Recovery (BMR). SvSAN’s BMR simplifies and automates the process of recovering a virtual storage appliance (VSA), rebuilding mirrored targets and replacing failed servers.
- Performance monitoring enhancements. SvSAN’s performance monitoring enhancements collect and correlate I/O throughput statistics, presenting them in an intuitive graphical format, helping administrators troubleshoot bottleneck issues or identify trends and patterns.
- Support for the VMware® Atomic Test Set (ATS) fundamental operation. ATS locks specific disk sectors, instead of an entire disk, to avoid disk contention issues in clusters during metadata updates.
- Virtual machine and Linux support for the SvSAN neutral storage host (NSH). The NSH now can be installed as a service to an existing Linux server/virtual machine, giving users additional deployment flexibility.
“Organizations trust StorMagic to enable their lean branch offices across thousands of geographically distributed locations, ensuring uptime, high availability, flexibility and performance with less cost,” said Hans O'Sullivan, CEO of StorMagic. “Version 5.1 features the latest and best technology to drive the highest storage ROI and lowest TCO possible, and we remain committed to innovation and development so that our growing user base stays on the leading edge of the industry.”
StorMagic’s SvSAN is a software-only virtual storage appliance (VSA) specifically designed for enterprise organizations managing a distributed IT infrastructure where there is high risk of revenue loss or liability. SvSAN provides shared storage to distributed IT environments and enables organizations to achieve high availability and other advanced hypervisor features with substantially lower CAPEX and OPEX investment than other storage solutions.
StorMagic is a fast-growing provider of cost-effective storage management software solutions that simplify, automate and manage data storage for virtual server environments. Founded in 2006, StorMagic has offices in the United States, Europe and Japan and is led by an experienced and successful team of industry veterans. For more information, call (800) 517-5282 or visit www.stormagic.com.