|By Business Wire||
|August 16, 2013 06:23 AM EDT||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vdbtf8/the_connected) has announced the addition of the "The Connected Consumer Survey 2013: Smartphones, Mobile Data Access and Monetisation" report to their offering.
This survey results suggest that multi-device tariffs offer mobile operators a golden opportunity to more effectively monetise mobile data.
A key strategic priority for operators is to increase smartphone penetration. However, according to the Connected Consumer Survey 2013, non-smartphone owners might be difficult to convert: 61% were on SIM-only or prepaid subscriptions and 38% were waiting for their handset to break before replacing it. Owners of more than one mobile device and those who use their smartphone for 'tethering' use more data than smartphone-only owners, but do not go for higher data allowances, indicating the difficulties of mobile data monetisation. This report assesses the impact of these issues and aims to offer appropriate solutions based on best practices from around the world.
This report provides:
- Smartphone penetration rates by OS, country, age group and subscription type
- An overview of smartphone users' loyalty and churn factors
- An analysis of the factors that are likely to persuade non-smartphone users to buy a smartphone
- Penetration rates of mobile broadband services by large-screen and mid-screen device type
- A particular focus on multi-device ownership and its impact on mobile usage and spend
- Adoption rates of smartphone tethering by country and age group
- An assessment of operators' presence in the tablet distribution chain and details on where mobile respondents get their mobile devices from, including the size of the second-hand market
- An in-depth analysis of mobile data monetisation and how data allowances compare to data usage for different customer segments
- An overview of the impact of shared plans on data usage, spend and unified service provision.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vdbtf8/the_connected
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.