|By Business Wire||
|August 16, 2013 12:49 PM EDT||
Beddit, makers of sleep tracking equipment used by professionals worldwide, announced today they have reached in record time their funding goal of $80,000 on the popular crowd-funding platform Indiegogo, and will immediately start production of the consumer version of their Beddit sensor and mobile app. Beddit also announced that it has set a new stretch goal of $200,000 to fund development of Beddit Cloud, a web app for storing and visualization of your sleep data over long periods and benchmarking your results against health standards and other cohorts.
There are still 46 days remaining in Beddit’s funding campaign. If the new stretch goal is reached, Beddit Cloud will be offered for Beddit mobile app users as new add-on to offer more features.
“We’re very encouraged by the massive outpouring of interest in our consumer product, and we want to thank all of our backers for placing their confidence in us,” said Lasse Leppakorpi, co-founder and CEO of Beddit. “Now that market demand for our product has been proven and production assured, we want to immediately start developing Beddit Cloud service, which is the next phase in our plans.”
When developed, Beddit Cloud features will include:
* Sleep data backed up in Beddit’s private cloud
* Visualizations and analytics for evaluating your sleep over long periods of time
* Spreadsheet exports of your data
* Anonymous comparison of your sleep data with other Beddit Cloud users
* Easy sharing to social media services
* Open API for 3rd party app integration
You can support the development of this add-on feature by pre-ordering or using the sponsor perk for any contribution. As a pre-order on Indiegogo, Beddit Sensor is offered at $99, a 30% discount .The sensors will be shipped in November, and Beddit Cloud service is expected to be available by Q2 of 2014.
- Pre-order Beddit on Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/beddit-sleep-tracker
- Find scientific research about Beddit’s proven sleep enhancement: www.beddit.com/science
- Like Beddit on Facebook: www.facebook.com/beddit
- Follow Beddit on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beddit
About Beddit Inc.
Beddit (founded in 2006) has offices in Finland and Silicon Valley. Beddit develops and markets revolutionary products for sleep and wellness tracking. Utilizing special sensor technology and sophisticated signal analysis algorithms, Beddit has created products for tracking of sleep, heart rate and breathing without any disturbing wearable sensors. Beddit products are globally used by medical and training professionals as well as by consumers. www.beddit.com