|By PR Newswire||
|August 20, 2013 07:29 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
A Fast-paced and Highly Competitive Market
The global microcontroller market is witnessing a significant growth owing to the growth across applications in different segments, such as automotive, communications, energy, consumer devices, and industrial automation and control. Asia-Pacific is contributing significantly to the global microcontroller revenues and its growth during the forecast period (2012 to 2017). Growing segments, such as automotives, communications, industrial, and consumer devices, are driving the growth of microcontrollers, owing to the need for applications that are in demand and are expected to grow in the next three to five years.
• The global microcontroller market is witnessing significant growth, owing to the increased use in applications in many industries, including automotive, energy, communications, consumer devices, and industrial automation and control manufacturing.• With several applications such as infotainment, communications, and electric and hybrid vehicles, the automotive segment presents a significant opportunity for microcontroller manufacturers.• The growth of smart phones and the demand for high-speed applications drives the growth of microcontroller use around the world. The volume of smart phone growth in the Asia-Pacific market boosts the global growth of microcontroller use.
1. Automotive, communications, energy, and consumer devices will be focus areas of global growth.2. Asia-Pacific offers the highest growth opportunity for microcontrollers in the next five years.3. New applications such as in-vehicle infotainment, communications, and safety will drive European growth.4. Volumes are expected to grow while prices are expected to fall; however, stable growth is expected globally.
• A microcontroller is an integrated circuit that contains a central processing unit (CPU), random-access memory (RAM), read-only memory (ROM), input/output ports (I/O), and utilities such as timers and analog-to-digital converters.• Microcontrollers are generally classified according to the bit size of the data they use. This study divides the market into 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit segments.• Microcontrollers are used in various industries, including automotive, consumer electronics, and communication device manufacturing.• This microcontroller market study covers the global market, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World regions.• The revenue discussed in this study refers to the revenue of the manufacturers.• The units shipped discussed in this study refers to the amount of microcontrollers shipped by the manufacturers.• The base year for this study is 2012; forecasts have been provided through 2017.• All revenue mentioned is in US Dollars (USD).
Key Questions this Study Will Answer
• Is the microcontroller market in the North American, European, and Asia-Pacific regions growing? What is the state of the market and what is the likely growth rate it can achieve?• What are the key end-user segments generating the demand in the microcontroller market? How are these end-user segments likely to influence the market in the future?• What is the competitive structure of the microcontroller market? What are the recent new product introductions in the microcontroller market?• What are the key drivers, restraints, and challenges of the microcontroller market?• What are the recent actions taken by industry participants for cost reduction/optimization?• Is the demand for 8-bit microcontrollers coming to an end?
Table Of Contents1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Microcontroller Market
• External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
• Forecasts and Trends
• Market Share and Competitive Analysis
• Mega Trends and Industry Convergence Implications
4. 8-bit Microcontroller Market Breakdown
5. 16-bit Microcontroller Market Breakdown
6. 32-bit Microcontroller Market Breakdown
7. North American Breakdown
8. European Breakdown
9. Asia-Pacific Breakdown
10. Rest of World Breakdown
11. The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001