|By Business Wire||
|August 20, 2013 07:41 PM EDT||
QNAP, Inc, a global network attached storage (NAS) company, announced the release of QTS SMB 4.0 Turbo NAS operating system, for its business-class Turbo NAS models, featuring advanced functions for SMB users. The QNAP NAS can now easily be expanded to 400TB or more with the newly released scale-up solution. The new intelligent Storage Manager provides a management system that includes advanced features such as flexible volume management with thin-provisioned volume support, SSD caching, and SMART data migration. Virtualization is now more seamless than ever with VMware VAAI, vSphere Plugin, and Microsoft ODX support. The new QTS 4 greatly enhances the efficiency in storage management, expansion, data process, and management in virtualization environments.
Intelligent Storage Manager-Intuitive Management System for Storage and Virtualization
New QTS 4.0 SMB featuring a redesigned GUI with powerful business applications providing efficient data management. In addition QNAP NAS is a virtualization-ready storage solution supporting VMware vSphere.
QTS 4.0 SMB Highlights:
- Flexible volume management to aggregate multiple RAID groups of different levels as a big Storage Pool
- Block-level iSCSI LUN, online capacity expansion, thin-provisioned volume, and space reclaim
- 10G Ethernet storage delivering over 200,000 IOPS
- Supports SSD caching greatly boost overall IOPS performance
- Advanced hypervisor offload features supported including VMware VAAI for iSCSI and NAS
- QNAP vSphere Client plug-in to increase data management efficiency
REXP-1200U-RP and REXP-1600U-RP Scale-up Capacity to 400 TB Simply and Flexibly.
The newly launched QNAP RAID expansion enclosures are perfect for large storage applications, such as surveillance system, data archiving or video storage.
- Plug and use seamless capacity expansion
- Flexibly manage storage with QTS Storage Manager
- Supports SAS, SATA, and SSD drives
The updated QTS 4.0 with advanced business features is available in Q4 for the following Turbo NAS models:
TS-EC1679U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-1270U-RP, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-879U-RP, TS-870U-RP, TS-1079 Pro, TS-879 Pro, TS-1269U-RP, TS-869U-RP, TS-469U-SP, TS-469U-RP
SSD caching function is not available for TS-x69U series.
REXP-1200U-RP and REXP-1600U-RP is available for TS-x79 series and TS-x70U series.