|By PR Newswire||
|August 21, 2013 06:00 AM EDT||
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As summer draws to a close, Las Vegas offers its guests one last "hurrah" with star-studded Labor Day weekend festivities. From pool parties presided over by Diddy to nightlife driven by the sounds of electronic veteran Moby to concert headliner Brad Paisley, what better place is there than Las Vegas to celebrate the federal holiday that recognizes the contributions of American workers? In fact, CheapOair announced last Thursday that airfare purchases to the "Entertainment Capital of the World" are up 24 percent, making it the most popular destination for Labor Day travel.
DAYLIFE & NIGHTLIFE - DJ SETS, CELEBRITY APPEARANCES AND THEME PARTIES
Wednesday, Aug. 28
- "Peanuts & Pasties," a circus-themed party at The ACT (The Shoppes at The Palazzo)
Thursday, Aug. 29
- Ice Cube at TAO Nightclub (The Venetian)
Friday, Aug. 30
- Dirty South and Afrojack at XS Nightclub (Wynn Las Vegas)
- Hardwell at Hakkasan Nightclub Las Vegas (MGM Grand)
- Sebastian Ingrosso at LIGHT Nightclub (Mandalay Bay)
- Major Lazer at 1 OAK Nightclub (The Mirage)
- Chuckie at Marquee Dayclub (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas)
- Armin Van Buuren at Marquee Nightclub (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas)
- Trey Songz at TAO Nightclub (The Venetian)
- Kendrick Lamar at Palms Pool (Palms Casino Resort)
- Ashanti at Moon Nightclub (Palms Casino Resort)
Saturday, Aug. 31
- Steve Angello at XS Nightclub (Wynn Las Vegas)
- Common at The Bank Nightclub (Bellagio)
- Flo Rida at HAZE Nightclub (ARIA)
- Calvin Harris and Zen Freeman at WET REPUBLIC (MGM Grand)
- Calvin Harris at Hakkasan Nightclub (MGM Grand)
- Zedd at DAYLIGHT Beach Club (Mandalay Bay)
- Skrillex at LIGHT Nightclub (Mandalay Bay)
- Nicky Romero at ECLIPSE at DAYLIGHT Beach Club (Mandalay Bay)
- Hayley Hasselhoff and Nathalia Ramos host "White Girl Wasted" with DJ Graham Funk at The ACT (The Shoppes at The Palazzo)
- Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion at SOUNDWAVES poolside stage (Hard Rock Hotel)
- Kaskade performs two sets at Marquee Dayclub and Marquee Nightclub (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas)
- Benny Benassi at Marquee Nightclub (The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas)
- Trinidad James at TAO Nightclub (The Venetian)
- LL Cool J and DJ Z-Trip at Palms Pool (Palms Casino Resort)
- Schwayze at Moon Nightclub (Palms Casino Resort)
Sunday, Sept. 1
- David Guetta at XS Nightclub (Wynn Las Vegas)
- T-Pain "House of Pain" at HAZE Nightclub (ARIA)
- Tiësto at WET REPUBLIC (MGM Grand)
- Moby at Hakkasan Nightclub (MGM Grand)
- Alesso at DAYLIGHT Beach Club (Mandalay Bay)
- Nicky Romero at LIGHT Nightclub (Mandalay Bay)
- Diddy at ECLIPSE at DAYLIGHT Beach Club (Mandalay Bay)
- Ke$ha at 1 OAK Nightclub (The Mirage)
- Busta Rhymes at The Bank Nightclub (Bellagio)
- Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion at REHAB pool party (Hard Rock Hotel)
- Trinidad James at TAO Beach (The Venetian)
- Kaskade at TAO Nightclub (The Venetian)
Monday, Sept. 2
- David Guetta and Afrojack at XS Nightclub (Wynn Las Vegas)
CONCERTS AND COMEDY SHOWS
While entertainment icon Snoop Dogg transforms Hard Rock Hotel into the ultimate hip-hop and reggae hot spot, other celebrity festivities at Hard Rock include Andrew Dice Clay at Vinyl Friday, Aug. 30 and Saturday, Aug. 31 and Shaquille O'Neal's All Star Comedy Jam hosted by Mike Epps in The Joint Saturday, Aug. 31.
Throughout the summer, Fremont Street Experience has provided the ultimate nirvana for rock music fans during this year's "Rock of Vegas" summer concert series. The culminating performance will be Saturday, Aug. 31 with headliners Puddle of Mudd. Shows are open to the public, free of charge and take place at the Third Street Stage.
Emmy Award-winner Jay Leno will perform his witty stand-up comedy act inside the Terry Fator Theatre at The Mirage Friday, Aug. 30. Leno's comedic style and generous personality have earned him millions of fans worldwide.
GRAMMY Award-winning hip-hop icon Lil Wayne will bring his high-energy show to the MGM Grand Garden Arena Saturday, Aug. 31. The concert, which supports Lil Wayne's 10th studio album "I Am Not A Human Being 2," includes Tip "T.I." Harris and Future.
Brad Paisley returns to Las Vegas with his "Beat This Summer Tour" Saturday, Aug. 31 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Paisley, a CMA Entertainer of the Year and Grand Ole Opry member has earned three GRAMMY Awards, 14 ACM Awards and 14 CMA Awards, including Male Vocalist of the Year a record-setting five consecutive times.
Ron White, best known as the cigar smoking, scotch drinking funnyman from the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour," will perform in the Terry Fator Theatre at The Mirage Saturday, Aug. 31 and Sunday, Sept. 1.
Black Sabbath, the group that helped define heavy metal with releases such as the quadruple-platinum album "Paranoid," will take the stage at the MGM Grand Garden Arena Sunday, Sept. 1. The group was ranked by MTV as the "Greatest Metal Band" of all time and placed second on VH1's list of "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock."
Joe Satriani has been an unstoppable force on the music scene for more than 27 years. The guitar great will perform at The Pearl at Palms Casino Resort Friday, Aug. 30.
GRAMMY Award-winners Earth, Wind & Fire will perform at The Venetian Friday, Aug. 30 as part of the HSN Live concert series. Supporting the group's newest album "Now, Then & Forever," the concert will be a 90-minute live show, with 60 minutes on HSN TV, followed by a special 30-minute encore performance for HSN's digital platforms.
AIR TRICKS AND BOGEYS
Insert Coin(s) Videolounge Gamebar, a nightlife venue that is home to thousands of video games will host the second annual Hometown Heroes BMX Exhibition street party Sunday, Sept. 1, benefitting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada. The event will be hosted by BMX pro and MTV reality star Ricardo Laguna and feature BMX riding from local amateurs and talented professionals.
Golf Summerlin, home to three pristine courses, will entice golf enthusiasts with a holiday weekend at Highland Falls, Palm Valley or Eagle Crest. For $45 per round or $85 per person for unlimited golf Friday, Aug. 30 through Monday, Sept. 2, Las Vegas locals and visitors are welcome to take advantage of the savings.
For more information on events and experiences, visit LasVegas.com
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With nearly 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.7 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting ever-increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to LVCVA.com or LasVegas.com.
Sara Gorgon, R&R Partners
Courtney Fitzgerald, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
SOURCE Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA)