|By PR Newswire||
|August 29, 2013 02:18 PM EDT||
MIAMI, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Another exciting season for the University of Miami's Hurricanes means another year of thrilling new stadium menu creations and hospitality innovations for Hurricane fans at Sun Life Stadium. Centerplate, hospitality partner to top sporting venues, convention centers and cultural attractions in North America and the United Kingdom and proud hospitality partner to University of Miami, is once again bringing Hurricane fans the world class hospitality they've come to expect, with local flavors and high-quality game day fare.
Centerplate is unveiling a special menu filled with as much passion and multi-cultural flair—complimented by Miami's classic local flavors including:
- Churrasco Chicken Nacho Supreme, spicy chicken with jalapeno pepper slices from Chihuahua, Mexico.
- South Florida Barbeque: "Loaded" barbeque baked potato and Citrus-Chipotle Barbeque Chicken Sandwich.
- "Pizza" Dog: a foot-long hot dog baked in pizza dough, with cheese or pepperoni.
- Pork "Pinchos": fresh marinated pork, grilled kebab-style, and served on a stick.
- Handmade Turkey Empanadas: a house-made specialty, each classic Latin-style empanada includes spiced ground turkey in fried pastry pocket.
- Chicken Fajitas: sizzling chicken with peppers and onions, on a warm flour tortilla.
- UM Souvenir Ice Cream Helmet by Riddell...served with 5 ounces of soft serve ice cream
- New Cuban Sandwich cart to the 100 level in the stadium.
"On behalf of the entire Centerplate team here at Sun Life Stadium, we are thrilled to embark upon another UM football season," says Kevin Mitchell, Centerplate's general manager responsible for the stadium. "It is truly our pleasure to provide food, beverage and merchandise to some of the most knowledgeable, loyal and engaged fans in the entire country. We anticipate a renewed enthusiasm from Canes fans throughout Florida as we look forward to the 2013 campaign!"
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." for more than 115 million guests each year in over 300 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across North America and the United Kingdom. Centerplate has provided event hospitality to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history. Recently, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/hospitality group in the United States by Nation's Restaurant News, and has recently expanded operations in the United Kingdom. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com.