|By Business Wire||
|September 4, 2013 12:00 PM EDT||
TeamViewer®, one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software, extends its product range and today announced the launch of ITbrain™, a cloud-based remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution. The latest arrival in the TeamViewer product family allows IT administrators to remotely monitor IT assets for regular maintenance such as company computers, servers, and software. At the same time, the TeamViewer software for remote control and online meetings has been updated and now offers a set of new integrated features for remote monitoring at no extra cost.
ITbrain is a new development by TeamViewer, providing IT administrators with system checks, asset tracking, alerts, email notifications, and the necessary tools for maximizing the performance of company IT assets from the TeamViewer Management Console, an easy-to-use web-based solution. The integration allows both products to work together seamlessly in an ideal way by collecting and aggregating data into the cloud.
ITbrain helps to ensure system uptime and data integrity and offers a user-friendly interface that provides IT administrators with:
- Access to data from any web-enabled device
- Dashboards for collected data
- Ability to export data and pull printer-friendly reports
TeamViewer has also updated its remote control and online meeting software. TeamViewer now includes remote monitoring features at no extra cost, including:
- Check for Disk Space – generates an alert when disk space falls below a defined percentage of free space
- Windows Updates – helps to ensure Windows updates are turned on and generates a failure notification when turned off
- Antivirus – alerts IT administrators if there is no antivirus software or when antivirus software is out of date
- Windows Firewall – alerts IT administrators when Windows firewall is disabled
ITbrain, available with subscription, includes advanced system checks and features such as:
- Policy Based Management – policies containing predefined system checks can be simply applied to single monitored devices or group of devices, making it easy to inherit settings
- IT Asset Tracking – software and hardware of monitored devices is shown in an inventory report with an overview of all IT assets. Filters make it easy to identify and track IT assets.
- Online Status – alerts IT administrators when a device goes offline
- Disk Health – generates alert when a disk error is reported
- Memory Usage – generates alert when available memory falls behind the set threshold
- CPU Usage – alerts when the average for any processor exceeds the set threshold
- Process – generates an alert when a specified process is running or not running
- Windows Service – monitors Windows services and alerts IT administrator if a service has stopped
- Event Log – can be configured to alert IT administrator when specific information is discovered in an event log
“ITbrain gives small and mid-sized businesses the ability to understand how their IT assets are affected, so they can move from a reactive to a proactive approach,” said Kornelius Brunner, Head of Product Management at TeamViewer. “With a complete view of IT assets in a company deployment, IT administrators can remotely track, secure and manage important devices within a company. Disturbances within IT can be minimized, and the uptime of IT assets can be maximized to secure revenue, profitability and asset life.”
ITbrain™ licenses are calculated per end-point on a monthly or annual basis, volume discounts are available. The availability of the mentioned ITbrain™ features may vary, depending on the operating system. Further information on ITbrain™ can be found at: www.teamviewer.com/itbrain.
TeamViewer software for remote control and online meetings can be downloaded from www.teamviewer.com/download. Non-commercial customers can use the software without any cost. Commercial customers can choose between different licenses. More information is available at www.teamviewer.com/licensing.
Founded in 2005, TeamViewer is fully focused on the development and distribution of high-end solutions for online communication and collaboration. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world’s most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. For more information, visit: www.teamviewer.com
© 2013 TeamViewer GmbH. All rights reserved.
Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.